Mark Kirk's website lists him as an Iraq war vet

Nov 2013
None of your business
But he isn't, he served stateside in the Naval Reserves

Mark Kirk campaign site falsely calls senator 'veteran' of Iraq war - CNNPolitics.com

The Republican, now battling for a second term in a tight race in Illinois, stayed in the United States during the Iraq War when he served in the Navy Reserves. But on a public webpage on his official campaign website touting his record on veterans' issues, Kirk was listed as a "veteran of the Iraq war."

While Kirk campaign officials said it was a staff error, the issue resembles the controversy that nearly caused his 2010 Senate campaign to implode. Moreover, Kirk is now running for reelection against Democratic Rep. Tammy Duckworth, a military veteran who lost both of her legs during combat in Iraq.

Nov 2013
None of your business
Well maybe he landed there under heavy sniper fire?
If you don't have anything useful to say about Kirk lying, then move on......

I seem to recall Mark getting his ass handed to him over this the last time.

When will stupid republican politicians ever learn? oh that's right,,,, they have republican voters, who lap up their lies like pablum.....

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Kirk acknowledged it was an error made by one of his staff. It has been corrected. Now about that landing under enemy fire. That little girl sure looked menacing.

metheron

Former Staff
Nov 2006
MI

When will stupid republican politicians ever learn? oh that's right,,,, they have republican voters, who lap up their lies like pablum.....
Don't tell me to move on because the one you support lies too. I am sorry that I won't lie down for you like you do for Hillary.
Her lying about it was no better to honest people.

Jan 2013

oh my!

since you brought it up,,,its been shown the "uneducated" despicable's are voting for bills wife,,,we know it true because they have admitted it, here...

Nov 2013
None of your business
Kirk has had his staff correct the website. It was a mistake. Now tell us, was landing under heavy sniper fire a mistake or a lie?
So he happens to have this same lie on his website 6 YEARS LATER??????

Boy, the right is REALLY brain damaged aren't they?????