Mattis: So I guess I'm the Meryl Streep of generals..

Jul 2014
Sol 3
"Lincoln went on, it was not the foreign aggressor we must fear; it was corrosion from within. The rot, the viciousness, the lassitude, the ignorance," Mattis paraphrased from the speech. "Anarchy is one potential consequence of all this. Another is the rise of an ambitious leader unfettered by conscience or precedent or decency who would make themselves supreme.

"'If destruction be our lot,' Lincoln warned, 'We must, ourselves, be its author and finisher,'" Mattis quoted from the speech.
This is where we are, folks.

Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
Trump's opponents will support anyone who disagrees with the President, even those they have previously castigated. Amazing.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Trump's opponents will support anyone who disagrees with the President, even those they have previously castigated. Amazing.
When was Mattis castigated? I remember everyone thinking he was the guy that kept Trump's hands away from the nuclear button..as a Trump Minion you are programmed to revile all who leave his circle as fallen traitors, we understand..

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
The best line IMO was when General Mattis said "I earned my spurs on the battlefield, Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor."

IMO, any person who claims to be a vet but has undying support for the ground Trump walks upon probably is as much of a vet as Nathan Phillips.

Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
When was Mattis castigated? I remember everyone thinking he was the guy that kept Trump's hands away from the nuclear button..as a Trump Minion you are programmed to revile all who leave his circle as fallen traitors, we understand..
How about John McCain? When he ran for President against Obama he was castigated as an old white guy unfit for the office. When he opposed Trump he suddenly became a national hero. C'mon now, get real.

Sep 2012
California
One has to wonder how it is that most of these Generals are still Republicans after this shit show and betrayal. I think many of them still have fantasies about the Reagan years. After Nam ended in disgrace, the military was basically a home for miscreants and holdovers from Korea on their way to retirement. When Ronnie made them feel like soldiers in a Cecil B. Demille movie again, they all became conservatives. Its a shame they never saw through the con job that was the GOP.