Maxine Waters doesn't know the government took over student loans.

Nov 2018
Maryland
As we know, elections have consequences, and the Democrats won the House and Waters is now a Clown Chairperson. Another example of a Democrat who is clueless. So many of them.

Nicnam

Dec 2013
I mean really, you need to watch this idiot woman get her ass handed to her, it is so hilarious and she is so god awful stupid.

She is sitting here trying to accuse banks of not helping with the student loan crisis when they aren't even involved with it anymore, and she is the chairwoman of this committee for god's sake.

Hard to watch without laughing.

March 30, 2010
https://www.sfgate.com/business/net...r-student-loan-program-from-banks-3193888.php

Students who previously had to choose a private-sector lender for their guaranteed loans will now have only one choice: the government.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Hard to watch without laughing.

March 30, 2010
https://www.sfgate.com/business/net...r-student-loan-program-from-banks-3193888.php

Students who previously had to choose a private-sector lender for their guaranteed loans will now have only one choice: the government.
I guess the wording "GOVERNMENT GUARANTEED LOANS" escapes your notice. Banks certainly can make student loans, they just will not be guaranteed by the US Gov and will be riskier. The US Gov merely cut out the expensive banker middlemen for their Government Guaranteed Student Loan program

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
As we know, elections have consequences, and the Democrats won the House and Waters is now a Clown Chairperson. Another example of a Democrat who is clueless. So many of them.
So you have proof that banks can no longer give out student loans?

Mar 2019
California
I guess the wording "GOVERNMENT GUARANTEED LOANS" escapes your notice. Banks certainly can make student loans, they just will not be guaranteed by the US Gov and will be riskier. The US Gov merely cut out the expensive banker middlemen for their Government Guaranteed Student Loan program
Seems like the Gov't Guaranteed Home Lending crashed the economy in 2008. But,of course,Bush got blamed for it.