Maxine Waters Embarrasses Herself Asking Bank CEOs About Student Loans

Jan 2019
southeast

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I love Maxine Waters, but this hearing was a joke. I watched most of it on CNBC and the Dems failed miserably in their job. LGBT & race issues have very little to do with banking, unless you think blacks and gays being the heads of lending institutions would somehow eliminate the power structure that is our behemoth financial services sector.

We're heating up the real estate market again and not one question about the lending practices of loaning money to people who can't pay for houses they can't afford and are appraised far beyond what they're worth.

What a fucking waste of time.

Ask them about interest rates, savings rates, car loans, foreclosures... my god all the things they could have zeroed in on and they chose to pander to people who vote based on social issues. I'm ashamed of my party for this.

Mar 2019
California
I love Maxine Waters, but this hearing was a joke. I watched most of it on CNBC and the Dems failed miserably in their job. LGBT & race issues have very little to do with banking, unless you think blacks and gays being the heads of lending institutions would somehow eliminate the power structure that is our behemoth financial services sector.

We're heating up the real estate market again and not one question about the lending practices of loaning money to people who can't pay for houses they can't afford and are appraised far beyond what they're worth.

What a fucking waste of time.

Ask them about interest rates, savings rates, car loans, foreclosures... my god all the things they could have zeroed in on and they chose to pander to people who vote based on social issues. I'm ashamed of my party for this.
One can always change. You would be welcome. I changed in 1980.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
She's like AOC. She knows nothing , but in her mind she's the smartest person in the room
No, AOC wouldn't have discussed social issues, she would have stuck to issues about fraud and economic disparity, something even Dimon recently commented on. She generally only brings up social issues when disparaging remarks are made about her in that context; her race and gender for example. She smart enough to know to keep her eye on things she can actually change, hearts and minds not being one of them. It's one of the main reasons I became a fan.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
One can always change. You would be welcome. I changed in 1980.
I don't believe in your vision for the world. I'm not a member of the "I'm forgiven" club, but I believe very strongly in the principles of Jesus and could never turn my back on my fellow human being because of their lack of money, because they broke some bureaucratic rule, or didn't "stay in their lane" behind people with money and influence and keep their mouths shut.

The main difference between Rs and Ds are that Rs believe the government's main purpose is punitive where as Democrats are inclined (most of the time) towards having the government help people out. Not just rich people either. So you know, it wasn't until 2000 that I gave up voting for third parties because of what Bush did to this country but I never voted for Bill Clinton and I thought he was a terrible president because he caved on everything just to make himself look good and if the Democratic party had continued to go down that path towards triangulating us into a corporate slave state, I wouldn't support them but I certainly wouldn't be a Republican. I know too many in real life that are just truly deplorable in every sense of how HRC defined them.

There are some here who I respect very much, mostly because we agree on issues one wouldn't expect (like truly universal healthcare or the insanity of drug laws) but the only way I'd join the party is if the leadership gave up the shameless hypocrisy, complete lack of consistency between personal liberty and corporate liberty and their tendency to exploit the least little bit of power to make life harder for people at the bottom.

Mar 2019
California
I don't believe in your vision for the world. I'm not a member of the "I'm forgiven" club, but I believe very strongly in the principles of Jesus and could never turn my back on my fellow human being because of their lack of money, because they broke some bureaucratic rule, or didn't "stay in their lane" behind people with money and influence and keep their mouths shut.

The main difference between Rs and Ds are that Rs believe the government's main purpose is punitive where as Democrats are inclined (most of the time) towards having the government help people out. Not just rich people either. So you know, it wasn't until 2000 that I gave up voting for third parties because of what Bush did to this country but I never voted for Bill Clinton and I thought he was a terrible president because he caved on everything just to make himself look good and if the Democratic party had continued to go down that path towards triangulating us into a corporate slave state, I wouldn't support them but I certainly wouldn't be a Republican. I know too many in real life that are just truly deplorable in every sense of how HRC defined them.

There are some here who I respect very much, mostly because we agree on issues one wouldn't expect (like truly universal healthcare or the insanity of drug laws) but the only way I'd join the party is if the leadership gave up the shameless hypocrisy, complete lack of consistency between personal liberty and corporate liberty and their tendency to exploit the least little bit of power to make life harder for people at the bottom.
Fantastic post. Let's have a debate! I believe the Gov't should NEVER intrude in peoples lives. I believe folks should help themselves. They are FREE to do this.Democrats want to control EVERY aspect of our lives. Democrats practice "Victimology". Hillary Clinton and others used the Politics of Personal Destruction. Corporate Slave State? Everyone has the RIGHT to become what they want. If one has the TALENT to become a Billionaire, no Gov't should have the right to intrude. Punitive? Nowadays people get PUNISHED for saying the wrong thing. And last , Gov't intrusion is destroying this country. PC is wrecking our churches. PC is wrecking our institutions.PC is destroying HISTORY. And finally, Gov't Social Programs always hurt the MAJORITY of people. OK? Let's debate. This should be fun. I like your moxie.