Maybe I'm the New Conservative Maverick, But I Agree with Ocasio-Cortez

Jun 2018
Florida
Maybe you ought to get perspective on American incomes:
Household income in the United States - Wikipedia

There are a whole lot more investment brokers than Streeps and DeNiros.

Kaepernick? I bet good Realtors make more than him as a football player (he might be doing better with his most recent endorsements).

If your goal is to soak Hollywood, raising the income tax rate isn't very targeted. So while I agree with raising taxes at the top, you're going to be unhappy with all the "collateral damage."
Maybe we could set up exempt occupations and tax that way instead of just by income $$ alone. Sound unfair ? No more unfair than how things are now.

Jun 2018
Florida
Yes, no, bit of both.

You do get some left and right wing politicians where some on the opposite party agree too. Not all left wingers are crazy, but they are a rare breed.

As for taxing the rich, push them too far, they will just up sticks to another country. Happened before in the past and even British F1 driver, Lewis Hamilton, lives in Switzerland for tax reasons.

I read a study. Large corporations settle where they pay lower tax, that means they attract the jobs and wealth to that city/state/country so it's just a simple as one thinks. I need to find that study again because your views on large corporations and tax will change.
Maybe you missed it but I said I favor LOWERING the corporate tax, even lower than what Trump has it at right now.

Jun 2018
Florida
How are they unfair now, in your mind?
I've already posted that twice but that's OK. It's unfair in that people who play kids' games and act (what anyone could do) and don't really do anything special for the American people, receive $o much, while people who risk their lives (and sometimes lose them - cops, firefighters, US troops overseas), and give us a valuable service, receive so much less.

Nov 2015
UK
Maybe you missed it but I said I favor LOWERING the corporate tax, even lower than what Trump has it at right now.
It was the, "I am finding myself in agreement with her (at least partially) on her suggestion for taxing the richest Americans at 70%. I would go even further and say they could be taxed at 90%" , that I referred too.

Oct 2013
USA
I'm not trying to "avoid" anything. Before I was a Trump supporter and a registered Republican, I was a far left Democrat and Green, who voted for every leftist candidate for president from McGovern in '72 to Obama in 2008. I have always favored high taxes on the INDIVIDUAL rich, and as salaries to sports atheletes and movie stars has gotten astronomical, I simply continue that position.

That doesn't mean I have to support other (dumb) ideas of Democrats like excess immigration, Islamization, affirmative action, unrestrained abortion, and gun-free zones.
It doesn't change anything. If you really cared about taxes on individual salaries of the wealthy you should have noticed the tax breaks to the wealthy recently that you are soon going to be paying for assuming you are not wealthy. The problem is too many people seem party confused as they blame the other party even as their own party is doing the things they say they stand against. If distribution of wealth was a big issue for you, supporting Trump should be the last person you should have voted for.

Based on your list I'd say you are have replaced far left with far right. Nothing you have said even remotely resembles moderate or liberal and no party is pro-excessive immigration. Not sure where that meme comes from.

Jun 2018
Florida
It was the, "I am finding myself in agreement with her (at least partially) on her suggestion for taxing the richest Americans at 70%. I would go even further and say they could be taxed at 90%" , that I referred too.
Sure, but that was just regard to the INDIVIDUAL tax, and only the top 1%.

Jun 2018
Florida
It doesn't change anything. If you really cared about taxes on individual salaries of the wealthy you should have noticed the tax breaks to the wealthy recently that you are soon going to be paying for assuming you are not wealthy. The problem is too many people seem party confused as they blame the other party even as their own party is doing the things they say they stand against. If distribution of wealth was a big issue for you, supporting Trump should be the last person you should have voted for.

Based on your list I'd say you are have replaced far left with far right. Nothing you have said even remotely resembles moderate or liberal and no party is pro-excessive immigration. Not sure where that meme comes from.
1. It comes from the 2016-2019 Democratic party which is as pro-excessive immigration, as anything I've ever seen in my whole life. These people have never seen a prospective immigrant that they don't like. They are willing to allow unvetted people from the middle east, claiming to be refugees from ISIS, some of whom could well be ISIS members themselves, as Trump attested to in his phrase "the ISIS Trojan Horse."
They are willing to allow millions of illegal aliens in the US to become citizens. They want birthright citizenship for kids of illegal aliens, despite Jacob Howard having distinctly ruled that out, when he wrote the 14th amendment. They don't care that illegal aliens occupy 8 million US jobs, while about that many or more Americans are unemployed.
They don't care that illegal immigration has caused large numbers of Americans to be murdered , who would still be alive if the illegal immigration had not occurred, and they protect and shield illegal aliens from detection by declaring sanctuary cities and states. In some states they have given illegal aliens drivers licenses, and now in California and New York, they are guaranteeing health care to all illegal aliens. When it comes to immigration, especially illegal immigration, Democrats have gone insane.

2. I have noticed that there are tax breaks to the wealthy under the Trump tax plan (as well as to middle class and poor), but I also realize that, in politics, you only have really 2 choices in a presidential election. And you are not likely to get 100% of your desired goals to be advanced by either candidate. So you go with the one that has a large number of positions that you agree with. I also don't agree with Trump's ideas about space travel to Mars. If you think you're going to get a POTUS who is in agreement with you 100%, you're dreaming.

3. You said >> "Nothing you have said even remotely resembles moderate or liberal" FALSE! I said I agree with Ocasio-Cortez on taxing the (individual) rich at 70%, (and I would go higher). That's a liberal position.