Mayor Pete Buttigieg is the hottest thing in politics. Can it last?

May 2013
Boise, ID
I can agree with your last statement. Pete will eventually get eaten alive by his competitors. They will manage to find something on him to toss him out of the race.
Can't imagine what his competitors could find other than that he's a gay, white, happily married young man. I've been watching him closely - He's fully capable of punching back - in a RESPECTFUL manner.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Can't imagine what his competitors could find other than that he's a gay, white, happily married young man. I've been watching him closely - He's fully capable of punching back - in a RESPECTFUL manner.
Everyone has something....and it might not even be true. I just watched the Democrats tear Biden apart....they will do the same to any other candidate in order to win. I like Pete the most so far....simply because he is not a bigot, stupid or crazy.

May 2013
Boise, ID
His speech was riveting, he had my undivided attention - and I'm the queen of doing seventeen things at once because ADD.
I didn't attend the watch party in Boise yesterday because I was still nursing a bit of a cold. Watched Tiger instead. So here it is in full.

Yes - R-I-V-E-T-I-N-G

Still waiting for one of our resident Orangelings to tell us what they oppose about Pete's message - Well you know, other than that he's a gay sinner headed for hell. :)

May 2013
Boise, ID
Everyone has something....and it might not even be true. I just watched the Democrats tear Biden apart....they will do the same to any other candidate in order to win. I like Pete the most so far....simply because he is not a bigot, stupid or crazy.
Yeah, but Uncle Joe has a LOOONG, and not all proud history of FUBARs and gaffes.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Yeah, but Uncle Joe has a LOOONG, and not all proud history of FUBARs and gaffes.
True...but you can expect this type of competition from the GOP..it is politics. It is Democrats that are surprising. They are not united in the least and this is a new thing for them. A party cannot be taken seriously if they are eating their own for political gain. It creates a trust issue.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Like Pete a lot. But wondering if he can win the primaries? It seems more people are really dug into whoever they already like and arent budging. So far most of the people I see that like Pete are indies and NeverTrumpers, neither which typically vote in primaries. The early polls keep showing Biden, Sanders and Harris leading. It should be changing more after the debates I hope.