McCain blasts Vietnam War 'bone spur' deferments in apparent swipe at Trump

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
McCain blasts Vietnam War 'bone spur' deferments, says it wasn't a swipe at Trump - ABC News
​By Karma Allen

"Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., appeared to attack President Donald Trump during an interview on Sunday, criticizing higher-income Americans who managed to avoid fighting in the Vietnam War by getting a "bone spur" diagnosis."
"McCain, who made the remarks while discussing the Vietnam War in an interview with C-SPAN3 that aired Sunday, echoed questions that surfaced during the 2016 campaign about Trump's medical history and war deferments."
"The comment appeared to be a veiled swipe at Trump, who said he had a bone spur ailment and was exempted from the military during the war in the 1960s."

====================================================

When the rich get certain deferments to escape the draft it can certainly come back to haunt them when those issues are revealed and discussed later on.

Sep 2006
Englewood, Fl
George Will kinda doubled down on the subject by saying that you can go to any of the eight Ivy League Universities and they all have war memorials listing those alma's who died in service. You will see lists from all wars except Vietnam. The rich and privileged didn't participate. That's a whole lotta bone spurs.

RNG

Jan 2015
Left coast
B-b-b-b-b-b-but tRump did have his own personal Vietnam, right there in and around NYC.

That one and the "Who knew healthcare was so complicated." will be the enduring themes of his presidency I'm sure.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
McCain is in the Fuck it I have nothing to lose mode right now. Which I think is understandable considering the horrible things that Mr. Moron said about him and bad he is at his job.

While I might not of always agree with McCain on policy issues - I have always thought that he was doing he thought was best for the country.

I cannot recall any other POTUS being so disrespectful to our military.

Sep 2006
Englewood, Fl
McCain is in the Fuck it I have nothing to lose mode right now. Which I think is understandable considering the horrible things that Mr. Moron said about him and bad he is at his job.

While I might not of always agree with McCain on policy issues - I have always thought that he was doing he thought was best for the country.

I cannot recall any other POTUS being so disrespectful to our military.
You just stated my thoughts exactly. He and Susan Collins were the two GOPers I had respect for. That continues.

McCain continues to exhibit what a class act he is with the restraint he's shown when talking about Trump. Although sometimes I wish he would just burst out with his real feelings on the matter.

Maybe if those on the right hear it from him, they may moderate their positions and never let this kind of abomination happen again.