McConnell denounces Democratic war powers resolution

Sep 2012
SoCal
Of course he does ... what "measure of deterrence" has been 'restored"? All Drumpf has done is stir up the hornet's nest further.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he would oppose a war powers resolution Democrats plan to bring up for debate as soon as Tuesday as part of their effort to curb President Trump’s military action against Iran.

“We appear to have restored some measure of deterrence in the Middle East, so let’s not screw it up,” McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, said on Monday.

Sen. Tim Kaine, a Virginia Democrat, is expected to bring up a war powers resolution as soon as Tuesday. It would require the president to withdraw military operations against Iran within 30 days unless Congress authorizes further action.

The House passed a nonbinding version last week.

McConnell said he “will strongly oppose” the Kaine measure and said the chamber should hold hearings and write “more tailored legislation” if lawmakers want to have a say in U.S. military action in the Middle East.

“I would urge all of our colleagues to consider what message the Senate should send to Iran and the world at the very moment that America’s actions are challenging the calculus in Iran for the better.”

...MORE...

• Love
Reactions: the bull59
May 2019
midwest
Of course he does ... what "measure of deterrence" has been 'restored"? All Drumpf has done is stir up the hornet's nest further.

My bro and I were talking about this resolution this weekend. He suggested that the House is misguided in just limiting Impeached Trump's actions to just IRAN. As he explained it, the House resolution should limit Impeached Trump's fantasies about making war all encompassing. After listening to my bro's rationale, I agree with him about limiting Impeached Trump's fantasies.
:cool:

Reactions: Friday13