McConnell introduces Syria resolution urging Trump to end troop pullout

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that he will introduce his own resolution urging President Donald Trump to end the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria.

The resolution comes days after the House overwhelmingly passed its own resolution condemning Trump’s decision to withdraw. Senate Republicans last week rejected an attempt to condemn Trump’s move, saying they should do something more substantial.

“I am introducing a stronger resolution that acknowledges hard truths and focuses on our strategic interests in the Middle East,” McConnell said. “It recognizes the grave consequences of U.S. withdrawal. ... We specifically urge the president to end the drawdown.”

We cannot allow them to establish safe havens and solidify their networks,” McConnell said. “Just about every place that President Trump tried to lead from behind provides reminders that there are certain kinds of leadership only America can contribute.”

Ouch - that is a pretty stinging rebuke to Trump.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Will the asshole chickenhawk sign up his kids or grandkids for this muslim war of choice? It's amazing how the left has become the party of wars of choice.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Will the asshole chickenhawk sign up his kids or grandkids for this muslim war of choice? It's amazing how the left has become the party of wars of choice.

Mmm, the actual topic is McConnell. Seems he's pretty upset over Trump's Syria decision. Nothing in the article about the "left".

Reactions: Dragonfly5
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
McConnell also denied telling Trump his phone call was perfect!:think::winktongue::crying:

Republicans are also telling Trump he needs to deal, that he will be impeached.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Mmm, the actual topic is McConnell. Seems he's pretty upset over Trump's Syria decision. Nothing in the article about the "left".

i am addressing your topic as you have historically addressed mine. if you think I am derailing please report the post and you all can discuss it. McConnel is a chicken hawk, you all hated the guy. now he's disagreeing with trump his opinion carries weight?

the left has become so feckless and hypocritical. Once again the fucking DEMOCRATS are arguing for an endless war of choice with no mission, no end game, no exit strategy.

if Americans die, let it be the sons and daughters of the liberal neocon chickenhawks' kids who perish, not those who don't want us in endless wars of choice.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
i am addressing your topic as you have historically addressed mine. if you think I am derailing please report the post and you all can discuss it. McConnel is a chicken hawk, you all hated the guy. now he's disagreeing with trump his opinion carries weight?

the left has become so feckless and hypocritical. Once again the fucking DEMOCRATS are arguing for an endless war of choice with no mission, no end game, no exit strategy.

if Americans die, let it be the sons and daughters of the liberal neocon chickenhawks' kids who perish, not those who don't want us in endless wars of choice.

Well then it's pretty funny how McConnell, Graham, and Romey have all slammed Trump for his decision

Are you saying they are part of the "left" now?

And I haven't seen any reporting that indicated the "left" is arguing for endless war.

You do know the UN was in talks with all parties in Syria to try to get some "resoultion" right?

Trump bypassed that and blew it all up.

And now, not only will Russia have a more prominent role in that region, but it opens a big pathway for ISIS to return.

And I guess the goal of ethnic cleansing doesn't bother you?

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA

You keep talking about American soldiers who have died in Syria, but you have yet to provide a number of how many did.

If anything the Kurdish fighters have lost thousands.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Well then it's pretty funny how McConnell, Graham, and Romey have all slammed Trump for his decision

More chickenhawk neocons, whom you are siding with.

And I haven't seen any reporting that indicated the "left" is arguing for endless war.

You do know the UN was in talks with all parties in Syria to try to get some "resoultion" right?

And now, not only will Russia have a more prominent role in that region, but it opens a big pathway for ISIS to return.
then answer the simple question.

what is the mission, what is the end game and what is the strategy you want to see there?

Why do you think we should use americans as human shields for the kurds?

Shove your false accusations of supporting genocide. No seriously, What the ever loving fuck?

May 2012
By the wall

The fact that the left wants to keep troops over there indefinitely tells us you are for endless war.

It's not our fight. Who the hell cares what the UN is doing, it's our troops not theirs.

There will always be some sort of conflict over there so unless you want to deal with every single one of them from here to eternity then rip that bandaid off and let's get out of there. If you want to stay we might as well invade Crimea and give them back their freedom also, wouldn't you agree? We can also start stationing troops all over the South China Sea to prevent China from moving in.

Sounds like a good plan right?

Reactions: Rev. Hellh0und

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
More chickenhawk neocons, whom you are siding with.

then answer the simple question.

what is the mission, what is the end game and what is the strategy you want to see there?

Why do you think we should use americans as human shields for the kurds?

Shove your false accusations of supporting genocide. No seriously, What the ever loving fuck?
Again, the UN was in the midst of talks to bring an end to the violence in Syria

Why do you get skipping over that?

This was done is such a reckless way that now, it forces all the Kurds out in their own homeland and gives ISIS the green light to "regroup". That is a national security concern for the US. Probably why McConnell is wanting this resolution.

I didn't accuse you. I said I "guess your good"

Learn the difference.