McConnell likens himself to Obama: 'We both are the descendants of slave owners'

Jul 2011
becoming more and more
What was the point of the media bringing up McConnell's ancestors? It was supposed to be some kind of gotcha. So he pointed out that having ancestors who owned slaves doesn't make someone a racist.
I didn't hear him say anything about being a racist. Nor did I hear anyone ask him that. No one asked him about Obama either. See. I think a white man flippantly comparing his ancestors being slave owners to a man of mixed race , like Obama, is racist. It openly dismisses the fact that Obama is a black man.

Jun 2007
Wisconsin
Now this is a racist comment, Why couldn't a white man point out that someone who happens to be half black's ancestors once also owned slaves. What's racist about it? why would it be verboten?

You seem to think it's taboo because he's white.... So what do we call it when we say people of a certain race should and should not be doing things? I call that racism....
It’s about motive. He tried to portray himself as victim of circumstance. It was totally calculated to put the emaphasis on someone else, namely Obama, a man he couldn’t stand.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
It’s about motive. He tried to portray himself as victim of circumstance. It was totally calculated to put the emaphasis on someone else, namely Obama, a man he couldn’t stand.

It was a great comeback, a big cup of shut the fuck up that left your ilk with nothing left but to scream “racist”....

A wonderful moment in history,.,,