McConnell likens himself to Obama: 'We both are the descendants of slave owners'

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
1. Is there actual evidence that Obama's ancestors were slavers, or was McConnell just talking out of his butthole?
2. Who cares if someone's great grandfather owned slaves anyway?

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I didn't hear him say anything about being a racist. Nor did I hear anyone ask him that. No one asked him about Obama either. See. I think a white man flippantly comparing his ancestors being slave owners to a man of mixed race , like Obama, is racist. It openly dismisses the fact that Obama is a black man.
This didn't come from nowhere. A few days ago, NBC News ran a story that has been picked up by other outlets. It revealed that McConnell's great great grandfathers owned slaves and associated that with his opposition to reparations. As if he's somehow accountable for the actions of an ancestor from more than 150 years ago. So McConnell responded to that charge by comparing himself to another well known politician who was revealed to have slave owner ancestors. It doesn't dismiss anything. And it's not racist. It's simply illustrating the point that having ancestors who held slaves in another century does not reflect on what someone is now. If anything, NBC trying to make an issue of it is race baiting.

Jul 2011
becoming more and more
This didn't come from nowhere. A few days ago, NBC News ran a story that has been picked up by other outlets. It revealed that McConnell's great great grandfathers owned slaves and associated that with his opposition to reparations. As if he's somehow accountable for the actions of an ancestor from more than 150 years ago. So McConnell responded to that charge by comparing himself to another well known politician who was revealed to have slave owner ancestors. It doesn't dismiss anything. And it's not racist. It's simply illustrating the point that having ancestors who held slaves in another century does not reflect on what someone is now. If anything, NBC trying to make an issue of it is race baiting.
yeah. You claim it's not racist and yet you ignore the reasons why it is. Again, it's racist because McConnell is essentially saying that Obama's black ancestral roots are irrelevant. Do you think slavery is a joking matter?

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
yeah. You claim it's not racist and yet you ignore the reasons why it is. Again, it's racist because McConnell is essentially saying that Obama's black ancestral roots are irrelevant. Do you think slavery is a joking matter?
Do you? Why is it that a white person is somehow accountable for something his ancestors did but not a black person? By definition, racism is treating someone worse because of their skin color. So if anything is racist, it's that. For the record, neither man has anything to do with anything a distant ancestor did. But illustrating that point isn't allowed. Because when liberals call a Republican a racist, he's just supposed to sit there and take it.

Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Do you? Why is it that a white person is somehow accountable for something his ancestors did but not a black person? By definition, racism is treating someone worse because of their skin color. So if anything is racist, it's that. For the record, neither man has anything to do with anything a distant ancestor did. But illustrating that point isn't allowed. Because when liberals call a Republican a racist, he's just supposed to sit there and take it.
how come you don't seem to care when liberals are called racist? No. I don't think slavery is a joking matter I asked you because you're perfectly fine with McConnell treating like it's a joking matter.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
So you are ignoring the Amerindians in his area and his state? Apparently another white supremacist attitude from you.

boise demographics look it up. The fight you jumped into you were ignorant to the point. when I bring it up, it's to challenge the idea that someone who lives in such a segregated (fuck not even segregated but a white separatist's promise land) city could lecture someone like me who grew up in a minority majority city, as well as a very diverse neighborhood with any authority.

You can SHOVE your false accusations of racism, bruh