McConnell's Wife Chao Under Ethics Investigation

Jul 2016
BAN THE TROLL!!!!
I guess all the silliness with Cummings wife is an attempt to keep this out of the press.

Chao, of course, another incompetent member of Trump's administration, is married to turtle man.

Report: Elaine Chao still owns shares in stock she promised to divest

Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao reportedly still owns stock in a construction company that she previously promised to divest from upon taking office.

The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday that federal disclosure forms show Chao to be the owner of nearly $400,000 worth of stock in Vulcan Materials Co., a major supplier of materials for road pavement and other construction projects, more than a year after she promised to trade the shares for a cash payout.

Walter Shaub, a former director of the Office of Government Ethics, told the newspaper that he believes Chao's failure to divest from her holdings in the company sent a message to other DOT staffers that ethics were not a major priority at the agency.

“If you look at her ethics agreement, it provides for a complete disentanglement of her interest from Vulcan Materials, and that’s what was represented to the Senate,” he reportedly said. “For the head of the DOT to have a financial interest in an asphalt company, that is not sending a message to employees of DOT that she is making ethics a priority.”

Jan 2019
southeast
I guess you did not even read your own article...lol A top ethics official at the agency has determined that the shares do not present a conflict of interest, the spokesman continued, because Chao has recused herself from all issues related to the company.

May 2019
Backatown, USA
The bigger question is, what did McConnell promise to do for Trump in exchange for his wife's cabinet job?
It looks like he agreed to protect Trump from any Senate investigations, emolument violation hearings, or a vote on impeachment.

Jan 2019
southeast
The bigger question is, what did McConnell promise to do for Trump in exchange for his wife's cabinet job?
It looks like he agreed to protect Trump from any Senate investigations, emolument violation hearings, or a vote on impeachment.
Chao is quite capable of getting her own jobs as she has served in previous administrations. The bigger question is why can you not stay on the subject of the ethics report... determined that the shares do not present a conflict of interest, the spokesman continued, because Chao has recused herself from all issues related to the company.

Nov 2016
USA
Damn! When I worked for a federal regulatory agency, I wasn’t allowed to own ANY stock in ANY company that was regulated by the agency, even if I or my work group never dealt with the company. I guess that trump’s cabinet officials are held to a much lower standard than career federal employees.

And she DID promise to trade her stock for a cash payout. I guess it’s too much to expect trump cabinet officials to actually keep their promises.

Jan 2019
southeast
Damn! When I worked for a federal regulatory agency, I wasn’t allowed to own ANY stock in ANY company that was regulated by the agency, even if I or my work group never dealt with the company. I guess that trump’s cabinet officials are held to a much lower standard than career federal employees.

And she DID promise to trade her stock for a cash payout. I guess it’s too much to expect trump cabinet officials to actually keep their promises.
Really....so tell us was Susan Rice part of the Trump cabinet? Why Are Politicians Allowed to Own Stocks? -- The Motley Fool