McDonald's will now deliver food to your door

May 2012
By the wall
I think this is great but I am sure Michelle Obama is going to freak out about it.

McDonald's is about to start testing delivery service -- but only a small fraction of people will be able to use it.

The company will deliver food orders from nearly 200 restaurants in Orlando, Tampa and Miami starting in January 2017, according to people familiar with the matter.

McDonald's is partnering with UberEATS to offer the service.

Customers will be able to order anything from the McDonald's menu through the UberEATS website or mobile app, and a courier will deliver the food to their doors.
McDonald's will now deliver food to your door -- but there's a catch

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
yuck. If I'm going to order delivery, it's not gonna be McDonald's. I only go there very occasionally for french fries or hash browns. And really Whataburger is better for both of those ....

Reactions: 3 people

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
"UberEATS"?

Yeah... I don't even like McDonalds food... And I sure as hell would not want any of my food delivered to me by some stranger, not even a legit employee of the company I order from... Jesus...

May 2012
By the wall
"UberEATS"?

Yeah... I don't even like McDonalds food... And I sure as hell would not want any of my food delivered to me by some stranger, not even a legit employee of the company I order from... Jesus...
But you don't have a problem with strangers cooking it?

That is a bit odd.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Im not a fan of McDs, I went a 10 years stint of never eating at one...

but I live a short hop to one. I can see on a Sunday morning ordering some Egg McMuffins and coffees...or later ordering a couple of Double Cheese burgers, fries and a coke during a ball game.

It's a convenience.

My supermarket UPS-es grocery items to my door for about $5 bucks. And Burby will deliver fresh food and groceries within an hour.