McMahon gives $41.5M toHER OWN Conn. Senate campaign

Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
Associated Press
McMahon gives $41.5M to Conn. Senate campaign
Former WWE wrestling “executive” and Repub Linda McMahon r spent more than $41.5 million of her own money on her U.S. Senate campaign. It’s all legal .. She has the right. Her husband earned it. She can spend it.
The Dem, Attorney General Richard ‘Blummers ‘ Blumenthal , spent $3.3 million.
The WWE candidate has evry right to spend her husband’s money to buy a senate seat, so that is a given. Yet what if Mrs WWE actually wins ? Think about this question:

Just because someone can buy a political position should they ?
Should we place limits on how much money candidate can spend on a campaign ?
Is it cleaner to know that at least we know where WWE Linda’s money came from than to have unknown groups fund ads ?

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I'm against allowing anyone to buy office! (all elections should be publicly funded with no bribes...."campaign contributions" allowed)

MajikMyst

Former Staff
Mar 2010
Seattle Wa.
They are merged.. Did you want to delete the extra posts?? Or you can edit and mark the ones you would like me to delete..

Jul 2011
Detention Block AA-23
The WWE candidate has evry right to spend her husband’s money to buy a senate seat, so that is a given. Yet what if Mrs WWE actually wins ? Think about this question:

Just because someone can buy a political position should they ?
But she isn't buying a political position.

She's spending a lot of money to try and convince people to vote for her; according to polls, she will likely not convince enough people to vote for her anyway. At the end of the day, buying more ad time isn't magical compulsion.

Should we place limits on how much money candidate can spend on a campaign ?
Of course not. I can see no compelling reason.

Is it cleaner to know that at least we know where WWE Linda’s money came from than to have unknown groups fund ads ?
I don't know. It is what it is, I guess.

Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
But she isn't buying a political position.

She's spending a lot of money to try and convince people to vote for her; according to polls, she will likely not convince enough people to vote for her anyway. At the end of the day, buying more ad time isn't magical compulsion. Of course not. I can see no compelling reason.
I don't know. It is what it is, I guess.
I for one am tired of getting a piece of paper with vote for the WWE LADY on it almost every day. We will wear out a shredder because we have to shred our address which is on every piece of crap that she sends us. I could not stand the sight of that puke face piece of sludge the first time I saw her ad on TV when she bought the primary against Rob Simmons a great American, former Conn Congressman, Vietnam Vet, and CIA operative.

I do hope that the people of Connecticut throw that piece of lying crap Linda down the proverbial cesspool and do not let her buy the general election as she did the primary.