Meatless Monday in NYC

Nov 2016
USA
I know what her statement was. Like I said should we not have children because of climate warming?
That’s an individual decision, and AOC didn’t tell people not to have kids because of climate change, contrary to the dishonest spin put forth by some right wing trolls here.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
LOL ....

It's hillarious how the Leftist here simply CANNOT comment on the topic.

Pretty entertaining watching them dodge around the topic.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I object to all STUPID Leftist polices .....

Wait a minute .... that would be ALL Leftist polices since ALL Leftist polices are STUPID.

OK .....

I object to ALL Leftist policies.

So here's my challenge.

Give me one ... just one ... logical reason for this policy.
It's healthier than the alternative and it's good for the environment.

I will never understand why people get offended when someone implements public policies that are intended to promote good health. The healthier the population is, the lower our health care costs. Why would anyone be opposed to that?

May 2007
Houston, Texas
Why did you feel the need to tell me that you had a CCW and carried a gun in context of our discussion then. Why would you think I needed to know that information?
Easy. I don't fly so I would have to drive all the way to New York from Houston. Too many states up in the Northeast don't allow CCL holders to drive through their state. In fact, New York would put me in jail if I were caught there with a pistol.

An old man traveling alone, unarmed, on the highway is not something I do.

BTW, are you really so fucking stupid to think someone would drive thousands of miles to meet you?

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва

I will never understand why people get offended when someone implements public policies that are intended to promote good health. The healthier the population is, the lower our health care costs. Why would anyone be opposed to that?

Cept health isn't the main reason:

“We are not taking climate change seriously unless we are talking about the astounding role animal agriculture and meat production plays in greenhouse gas emissions. Mitigating the effects of climate change means thinking outside the box and that means looking at the foods we purchase especially when it comes to what we feed our children in public schools."

NYC Mayor De Blasio: 'Meatless Mondays' in NYC Public Schools to 'Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions'

In addition to the new "Meatless Mondays" program, the mayor's office notedthat N.Y. public schools have "made strides in making cafeterias eco-friendly and sustainable, including compostable plates rather than polystyrene trays, and placing clearly labeled Recycling Stations in every cafeteria. Since the 2011-2012 school year, 761 schools now take part in the City’s Organic Collection program."
"NYC students are ready to take action to fight climate change," said Debby Lee Cohen, executive director of Cafeteria Culture. "Meatless Monday is giant step forward towards the 'Green New Meal.'

It's about politics of climate change. I would love to see the offerings for "meatless mondays" does anyone have?

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Easy. I don't fly so I would have to drive all the way to New York from Houston. Too many states up in the Northeast don't allow CCL holders to drive through their state. In fact, New York would put me in jail if I were caught there with a pistol.

An old man traveling alone, unarmed, on the highway is not something I do.

BTW, are you really so fucking stupid to think someone would drive thousands of miles to meet you?

Statistically your chances of being shot, unless you are a criminal are statistically nill. I travel all the time in states I can carry and don't. What's interesting is you made the threats, then doubled down by telling me you have a gun.

No, I never thought you would show your face after your threat, you threatened me, I gave you an address. That's all that happened. You doubled down about if I came to see you, you carry a gun.... Why did you do that?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas

It's not healthier and it doesn't change a thing about the environment.

That's the point.

No one opposes healthier choices.

But, this isn't about helathier choices.

This is some psycho Leftist feeeeel good polices that are absolutely meaningless in the real world.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва

It is a myth that a vegetarian diet is healthier than an omnivorous one.

Apr 2015
Katmandu
May 2007
Houston, Texas
Statistically your chances of being shot, unless you are a criminal are statistically nill. I travel all the time in states I can carry and don't. What's interesting is you made the threats, then doubled down by telling me you have a gun.

No, I never thought you would show your face after your threat, you threatened me, I gave you an address. That's all that happened. You doubled down about if I came to see you, you carry a gun.... Why did you do that?
Show me the post where I threatened you. Of course you can't so you will continue with the bullshit you spew regularly. Boo! ROFLMAO