Meatless Monday in NYC

Dec 2018
Florida
It's healthier than the alternative and it's good for the environment.

I will never understand why people get offended when someone implements public policies that are intended to promote good health. The healthier the population is, the lower our health care costs. Why would anyone be opposed to that?
Veganism is healthier???

Dec 2018
Florida
Look how it causes all the right-wing assholes to come out of the woodwork mad as hell, even though this policy doesn't affect them.
I enjoy taking the opportunity to point out silly liberal policies even if they don’t impact me. It is just an observance of their silliness if left to their own devices.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
You found one study that stated that. I've just found another that says eating less meat is the best way for people who live in countries like ours to help the environment.

Yeah. All of my doctors advocate less meat. More fish and vegetables. I'm still an omnivore, but I try to balance it.

I have to chuckle at people who are afraid of confronting healthy eating options.

Nov 2016
USA
AOC said it was immoral to introduce children into an environment apocalypse that is imminent.

And imminent being 12 years.

Ocasio-Cortez: 'World will end in 12 years' if climate change not addressed
While I disagree with her about the world ending in 12 years, there is nothing in your link - nothing at all -
AOC said it was immoral to introduce children into an environment apocalypse that is imminent.

And imminent being 12 years.

Ocasio-Cortez: 'World will end in 12 years' if climate change not addressed
While I disagree with her about the world ending in 12 years, I agree with her that if we do rein in carbon emissions, and do it soon, there will be incredible damage done to the planet.

However, there is nothing in your link - nothing at all - about her saying anything about the morality or immorality of introducing children into this environment. That’s dishonest of you.

Nov 2016
USA
We are exposing the leftist actions and most Americans are going to see this for what it is. Extremism.

This must bother the left, as they would rather operate in the dark and not be exposed as the idiots they are.
WTF? Feeding kids one meatless meal a week is extremism? Its not like kids are barred from bringing their own lunches to school, which my mom had to do on Fridays back when Catholics had to abstain from meat on Fridays and the school cafeteria didn’t offer a meatless alternative on Fridays.

Really, you need to deep six your right wing hysteria, because that’s all you do.

Nov 2016
USA
Yeah. All of my doctors advocate less meat. More fish and vegetables. I'm still an omnivore, but I try to balance it.

I have to chuckle at people who are afraid of confronting healthy eating options.
Indeed. It’s not like they’re being forced to do anything (they can still bring their own lunches). It also is educational in a way in that it it exposes them to the idea that meat is not required in a meal.

Apr 2015
Katmandu
While I disagree with her about the world ending in 12 years, there is nothing in your link - nothing at all -

While I disagree with her about the world ending in 12 years, I agree with her that if we do rein in carbon emissions, and do it soon, there will be incredible damage done to the planet.

However, there is nothing in your link - nothing at all - about her saying anything about the morality or immorality of introducing children into this environment. That’s dishonest of you.
You are being dishonest here.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wonders whether Americans should stop having children in the face of climate change

"Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York suggested this weekend that it may not be ethical to have children, given the difficulties that climate change will likely cause in the years to come.

In a live stream on her Instagram, Ocasio suggested to her 2.5 million followers that the answer was not clear. “There’s scientific consensus that the lives of children are going to be very difficult. And it does lead young people to have a legitimate question: Is it OK to still have children?” she asked."

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
... It's about politics of climate change. I would love to see the offerings for "meatless mondays" does anyone have?
Doubt it:

On Monday, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that starting in the 2019-20 school year, all New York public schools will offer "Meatless Mondays" in their breakfast and lunch meals to "improve New Yorkers' health and reduce greenhouse gas emissions."
Ask again in September.