Media bias extends beyond politics

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
The Guardian, WaPo, Vox, Twitter, MSNBC ...

I think informed thinking people know that if you are reading fake news MSM outlets like that you are getting 100% fake news.

Do you think it's a coincident that only Leftist look to sources like that?
you are full of shit. Go look at the stories on the front page of WaPo. Report back which stories are fake or admit you lie.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
The Guardian, WaPo, Vox, Twitter, MSNBC ...

I think informed thinking people know that if you are reading fake news MSM outlets like that you are getting 100% fake news.

Do you think it's a coincident that only Leftist look to sources like that?
No, I don't think it's a coincident.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I do not watch TV at all, much less the news. I watch my shows on Netflix & Prime.
We cut the cord a couple of years ago. We subscribe to Netflix and we have Rokus for our TVs. There are lots of free sources for movies and TV shows. We can get CBS and ABC news live and Sky News live. But I rarely watch any of those unless something big is going on in the news like a shooting or major terrorist attack. I get my news and current events from a wide variety of sources. I use Google News that aggregates so I never know what sources I'm going to use from day to day.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
We cut the cord a couple of years ago. We subscribe to Netflix and we have Rokus for our TVs. There are lots of free sources for movies and TV shows. We can get CBS and ABC news live and Sky News live. But I rarely watch any of those unless something big is going on in the news like a shooting or major terrorist attack. I get my news and current events from a wide variety of sources. I use Google News that aggregates so I never know what sources I'm going to use from day to day.
I know Arkady here has brought up the point that many of whats considered "great news sources" like NYTimes, WaPo, WSJ, Boston Globe, etc are all behind a paywall. So many cant read them so they instead turn to "freebie news" which isnt always top notch. In fact often times if you just Google something, the worst sites appear first, many people go their first as it comes up that way and they dont want to spend a lot of time reading the news.

Nov 2010
I'm waiting until my phone is paid up, which I got on a deal because I have direct tv, interne and ATT phone. Then I'm ditching direct TV. It's a waste. Going to get HD antenna and Sling TV, mainly for live sports. Will also get an DVR for those. I already have netflix and use a family members Hulu, and have prime. it's such a waste, I hardly ever use the ccable aspect

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
That is a yuuuuuuuuge problem.
It is. My in laws were born and raised in Germany and moved here about a decade ago. Now they are on FB all the time. I am shocked the things they find and believe. They just dont really understand how it works as they are in their 80s now. They were raised in a place where the news was always trustworthy and now the internet stumps them. They get confused all the time by it. I have to wonder how many elderly find that as well. Whats worse is they moved to a retirement community and so many of the elderly follow Infowars and those type sites. They dont get how it works.