Melania Trump Tries Again:Visits Migrant Kids After Botched 'I Really Don't Care' MSG

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
A week after Melania Trump mystified the country by stepping out in a green Zara jacket with the words “I Really Don’t Care, Do U” emblazoned on the back en route to a visit to a migrant children’s shelter, the first lady is attempting a similar trip — in a different ensemble and with a clearer message.

“She cares about children deeply,” her communications director, Stephanie Grisham, told reporters traveling with Mrs. Trump. “She’s advocating for quality care for these children under difficult circumstances.”
On Thursday, the first lady wore white pants, an unadorned black top and white sneakers for her visit to a Customs and Border Patrol facility in Tucson, Arizona, where she’ll have a roundtable discussion with Border Patrol, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the U.S. Marshals Service and a local rancher, according to pool reports. She said the purpose of the meeting was to hear from people on the front lines at the border.
https://people.com/politics/melania-trump-visits-migrant-kids-again-jacket-controversy/

hmm, so what's wrong with the new message? Well, first she's speaking through a spokesperson instead of herself personally. What moron thought it was a good idea for a spokesperson to be chosen to send the message "she really cares"? Second, if the messages she's trying to send is how passionate she feels about the kids, why is that spokesperson saying that the purpose of the visit is to "hear from the people on the front lines at the border". That message has her husbands grubby orange twitter hand prints all over it. As a matter of fact, why does there even need to me "messaging" on a issue like this? This hits to the core of who we are as a free compassionate society. It shouldn't be this difficult. Just be a friggin human being. If she truly cared she skipped the prepared sit down with infatuated ICE officials anxious to take a selfie with Melania , and demand to see the kids. Then, she might take a tour of the immigration court facilities where unaccompanied minors are being ordered to appear in court alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2010
A week after Melania Trump mystified the country by stepping out in a green Zara jacket with the words “I Really Don’t Care, Do U” emblazoned on the back en route to a visit to a migrant children’s shelter, the first lady is attempting a similar trip — in a different ensemble and with a clearer message.

“She cares about children deeply,” her communications director, Stephanie Grisham, told reporters traveling with Mrs. Trump. “She’s advocating for quality care for these children under difficult circumstances.”
https://people.com/politics/melania-trump-visits-migrant-kids-again-jacket-controversy/

hmm, so what's wrong with the new message? Well, first she's speaking through a spokesperson instead of herself personally. What moron thought it was a good idea for a spokesperson to be chosen to send the message "she really cares"? Second, if the messages she's trying to send is how passionate she feels about the kids, why is that spokesperson putting all the focus on the visit is to "hear from the people on the front lines at the border". That message has her husbands grubby orange twitter hand prints all over it. As a matter of fact, why does there even need to me "messaging" on a issue like this? This is matter of that hits to the core of who we are as a free society. It shouldn't be this difficult. Just be a friggin human being. If she truly cared she skipped the prepared sit down with infatuated ICE official anxious to take a selfie with Melania , and demand to see the kids. Then, she might take a tour of the immigration court facilities where unaccompanied minors are being ordered to appear in court alone.
I read something that her jacket was a shot at Donald. I have no idea the validity of the source, but she did it to piss him off and it worked. But I don't know if I trust the source so dont' hold me to that

Feb 2007
In my mind
I don't think Melania is a bad person. I think she has spent a lifetime being worshipped for her symmetrical features, and just doesn't know how she should behave nor does she know how to display empathy.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I don't think Melania is a bad person. I think she has spent a lifetime being worshipped for her symmetrical features, and just doesn't know how she should behave nor does she know how to display empathy.
seems like she's living in the shadow of a narcissistic man baby who can't simply just let her have her moment.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
There was nothing "botched". The only people "mystified" were the hardcore leftist partisans that make up most of our media today who were the actual targets of her jacket.

The jacket was ONLY worn in an area visible by the press and not anyone that had anything to do with migrant children.

Feb 2007
In my mind
seems like she's living in the shadow of a narcissistic man baby who can't simply just let her have her moment.
I think she is embarrassed by her husband fucking everything that will let him, that she is perceived as a trophy wife who will get thrown away, and that she does not know that not everything is a photoshoot.

In my lifetime, at least in my adult years, every first lady has had some cause. Hers is just a failure. A failure as her own husband went stop cyber attacking.

Reactions: 3 people
Nov 2010
There was nothing "botched". The only people "mystified" were the hardcore leftist partisans that make up most of our media today who were the actual targets of her jacket.

The jacket was ONLY worn in an area visible by the press and not anyone that had anything to do with migrant children.
LOL, The amount of stupid you post just to be a hack is ridiculous. Unless its not an act. Not sure which is worse

Reactions: 3 people
Feb 2007
In my mind

Not anyone that had anything to do with kids? Where did you read that?

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
LOL, The amount of stupid you post just to be a hack is ridiculous. Unless its not an act. Not sure which is worse
What's worse is that you pollute a thread with nothing on topic to attack another member. I believe you do this because you cannot dispute a post you don't like. It's weak.

Do you have anything to add on Melania Trump's visit? Her clothing choices? I for one welcome her presence and the attention she brings to these children. I wish this kids the best. They have it tough.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
Not anyone that had anything to do with kids? Where did you read that?
On virtually every press report about the jacket. It was worn on her departure from D.C. only, but the hardcore left tried to tie it into the children, because that is what they do. Attack.