Menendez Admonished by Ethics Panel

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
And they say he broke the law. Huge story, MSM snoozes to protect the Dims.

The Senate Ethics Committee is "severely" admonishing Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), saying his relationship with Dr. Salomon Melgen broke Senate rules, federal law and "applicable standards of conduct."

"The Committee has found that over a six-year period you knowingly and repeatedly accepted gifts of significant value from Dr. Melgen without obtaining required Committee approval, and that you failed to publicly disclose certain gifts as required by Senate Rule and federal law," the six members of the panel wrote.

They added that, in addition to accepting the gifts improperly, Menendez used his position "as a Member of the Senate to advance Dr. Melgen's personal and business interests."

On top of the public letter, the Senate Ethics Committee is requiring Menendez to "repay the fair market value of all impermissible gifts not already paid."

Menendez admonished by Ethics panel, which says he broke the law | TheHill

Lunchboxxy

Apr 2010
Oregon
Menendez should have resigned a long time ago

And every major outlet has this story. Not sure what that hallucination is about

Reactions: 3 people
Dec 2014
The Milky Way
LOL Yeah, they report it, but will it get the same coverage that, say, they did the non story on Hannity. LOL Quite sad I had to explain it.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Yeah.

the major three network news outlets (ABC, CBS, and NBC) and Spanish-language networks Univision and Telemundo ignored it.

It’s not surprising the networks would completely ignore Menendez getting “severely admonished” for his conduct because they barely covered his criminal trial. As the Media Research Center previously documented, the evening news programs of the major three network news outlets failed to cover the trial while it was going on. And they didn’t report on the trial until after the mistrial was declared.

And when it was announced the prosecution wasn’t going to seek a retrial, back in January, both ABC and CBS were sure to highlight it during their evening news programs.
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2018/04/26/nets-ignore-bipartisan-admonishment-menendez-ethics-committee

Sep 2016
My own world
I agree he should resign or at least just not run but it’s clear he’s not doing that. He’s got a challenger in the primary in June 2018 for the Dem nomination. It looks like he is Still the favourite to win it. Let’s see if this has any impact in his getting the nomination.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
A judge tossed out four criminal counts against U.S. Senator Robert Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat facing re-election this year, but left in place bribery and fraud charges that he will face at a retrial.

U.S. District Judge William Walls on Wednesday acquitted Menendez and a Florida eye doctor, Salomon Melgen, on seven of the 18 charges they faced at a trial that ended in a hung jury last November. The Justice Department said last week that it intended to retry both men in federal court in Newark, New Jersey.

He has not been found guilty of anything as of yet.

Why run him out of office if he is being tried in a court of law. Due process still rules.

I will let the justice system do its job.

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2007
In my mind
LOL Yeah, they report it, but will it get the same coverage that, say, they did the non story on Hannity. LOL Quite sad I had to explain it.
Well, it could also be noted that perhaps you are moving the goalposts.

Now, how do you quantify the coverage?