Merkels fate hangs in the balance as deadline is set

Oct 2013
USA
I think the difference is that today, the world is smaller due to technology so its more "in your face" if you will nowadays. People travel, move and migrate all over for work. Companies use and abuse cheap labor and outsourcing so people get angry. I think its actually going to get worse since automation will force more people out of work. Its that anger at the "other." If anyone is interested, there is a tv show on cable called "Humans." It basically is about these human like robots that supposedly make our lives easier. But the real humans turn on them and they are forced to flee and hide. I think honestly it wouldnt matter who or what it was, if people feel their livelihood threatened they act out and badly.
That is just it, even with the Internet there is a large body of under educated people who never step out of a radius called home. They don't travel. They are not aware of the beauty of the blend from the melting pot that is America, nor will they ever take the blame for their own misery. Most people when confronted with a dying industry move on to a better industry or environment much as immigrants do. For some reason a percentage of our population is lazy and have a bring-a-better-life-to-me attitude instead of going for it. In other words, those who blame others for their chosen path have always been around but in the past they knew America was about being anything you want to be. History shows that this has happened before in times when lazy people cast blame on any nationality and certainly it does not just happen in America. It is ugly. It is destructive. It is real.

They think if they suppress part of the melting pot that is America and if they use the National anthem and the flag as a weapon and suppress the magical multitude of cultures that make up our country somehow they will finally be rich sitting in their recliners drinking beers and working in dying industries. You can't fix that mindset for them no matter who this society tortures to cater to their lazy-thinking asses.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
That is just it, even with the Internet there is a large body of under educated people who never step out of a radius called home. They don't travel. They are not aware of the beauty of the blend from the melting pot that is America, nor will they ever take the blame for their own misery. Most people when confronted with a dying industry move on to a better industry or environment much as immigrants do. For some reason a percentage of our population is lazy and have a bring-a-better-life-to-me attitude instead of going for it. In other words, those who blame others for their chosen path have always been around but in the past they knew America was about being anything you want to be. History shows that this has happened before in times when lazy people cast blame on any nationality and certainly it does not just happen in America. It is ugly. It is destructive. It is real.

They think if they suppress part of the melting pot that is America and if they use the National anthem and the flag as a weapon and suppress the magical multitude of cultures that make up our country somehow they will finally be rich sitting in their recliners drinking beers and working in dying industries. You can't fix that mindset for them no matter who this society tortures to cater to their lazy-thinking asses.
Yes and no. I have indeed met loggers and fishermen here in New England that refuse to do any other job. "My granddad did it, my dad did it and now I will do it" kind of mentality. I have also known fishermen who almost disowned their own kids if they chose a different profession. On the other hand, it isnt so easy to move anymore. Many of these people have no money, no credit and are underwater in their homes or took second mortgages out. In a sense they are stuck. I traveled up north and some homes no longer have working plumbing or heat. They have outhouses and rely on wood for heat. I keep thinking why?

Recent Similar Discussions Forum Date
Current Events
Recent Similar Discussions
An "educated guess" of Hong Kong's fate