'MESSIANIC' RABBI Pence prayed with in Pittsburgh is DEFROCKED!

Jul 2015
Florida
Man, what a bunch of LOSERS these guys surround themselves, day after day, after month after month! Do these WHACKJOBS glom on to them or do they CHOOSE whackjobs? Seriously? How many RABBIS in PA and this is what Pence came up?

PS There's no such thing as MESSIANIAC Judaism.

Christian rabbi’ who prayed with Mike Pence after Pittsburgh was defrocked 15 years ago for libel

TRAVIS GETTYS
31 OCT 2018 AT 05:52 ET

Mike Pence speaks to ABC News (screen grab)

The so-called “Messianic rabbi” who appeared alongside Vice President Mike Pence during a campaign event after the Pittsburgh synagogue massacre was defrocked years ago by the organization that ordained him.

Loren Jacobs, who outraged many Jews by invoking Jesus Christ while praying with Pence at the Michigan rally, was stripped of his rabbinic ordination in 2003 after the Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations found him guilty of libel, reported NBC News.

A spokeswoman for the organization did not say who Jacobs allegedly libeled, but his synagogue website indicates he was involved in a theological dispute with other leaders of his religious group, which believes Jesus is the son of God.

Jewish leaders said they could not understand why Republican congressional candidate Lena Epstein, a longtime member of a Reform Jewish synagogue in the Detroit area, invited Jacobs to her rally Tuesday because they don’t consider him to be a Jew.

“We don’t even recognize him as a rabbi,” said Rabbi Marla Hornsten, former president of the Michigan Board of Rabbis. “Even to call him a rabbi is offensive.”

Mainstream Judaism holds that the messiah has not yet arrived on earth.

“Judaism itself is a multi-denominational religion that encompasses multiple forms of expression and belief,” the Rabbinical Assembly, which represents the rabbis of the Conservative Movement, said in a statement. “Nonetheless, so-called ‘Messianic Judaism’ is not a Jewish movement, and the phrase ‘Jews for Jesus’ is a contradiction in terms, insofar as Judaism does not recognize Jesus of Nazareth as the Messiah.”...

'Christian rabbi' who prayed with Mike Pence after Pittsburgh was defrocked 15 years ago for libel

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
"jews for Jesus" have been handing out their little cards in NYC since the 1970's

Jews for Jesus - Wikipedia

You can disagree with them, but they are real.
Virtually all mainstream Jewish organizations see them as charlatans who are attempting to use their Jewish culture and background to pressure Jews to convert to Christianity. "For all intents and purposes, a Messianic Rabbi is a Southern Baptist minister cosplaying as a Jew" is probably the best description I've seen. Pence made several crucial mistakes here and he is rightly wiping egg off his face for them.

Jul 2011
NYC
Virtually all mainstream Jewish organizations see them as charlatans who are attempting to use their Jewish culture and background to pressure Jews to convert to Christianity. "For all intents and purposes, a Messianic Rabbi is a Southern Baptist minister cosplaying as a Jew" is probably the best description I've seen. Pence made several crucial mistakes here and he is rightly wiping egg off his face for them.

Moishe Rosen is a gentile's name? Oye vey!

I get that there is some converted baptist now. We always got a kick out of their little pamphletes they handed out.. fact is pence did fuck up, but at the same time, messianic jews, do indeed exist.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Moishe Rosen is a gentile's name? Oye vey!

I get that there is some converted baptist now. We always got a kick out of their little pamphletes they handed out.. fact is pence did fuck up, but at the same time, messianic jews, do indeed exist.
Some self-identified Christians are ethnic Jews. Some ethnic Jews worship Christ as Christians and falsely claim to practice Judaism.

Messianics include both, and some people who are neither. They aren't Jewish in a spiritual sense. "Messianic Jew" itself is an oxymoron.

Jul 2011
NYC
Some self-identified Christians are ethnic Jews. Some ethnic Jews worship Christ as Christians and falsely claim to practice Judaism.

Messianics include both, and some people who are neither. They aren't Jewish in a spiritual sense. "Messianic Jew" itself is an oxymoron.

The group did not start by a self identified christian, but a jewish guy.

Jul 2015
Florida
Virtually all mainstream Jewish organizations see them as charlatans who are attempting to use their Jewish culture and background to pressure Jews to convert to Christianity. "For all intents and purposes, a Messianic Rabbi is a Southern Baptist minister cosplaying as a Jew" is probably the best description I've seen. Pence made several crucial mistakes here and he is rightly wiping egg off his face for them.[/QUOTE

I give Judaism more credit for being a pragmatic inclusive practice of faith. They always seem to be 'seekers' to me. Admittedly I don't know much about 'orthodox' types and whether that carries with it it's own fundamentalist batshit crazy beliefs and strictures as the 'protestant' versions. Anyway the first time I heard Jews for Jesus, I thought it was a joke and laughed my ass off. When the guy explained it to me I thought they were lying.

Sep 2016
My own world
Jews for Jesus, let see, weren't the first 12 Jews for Jesus the Apostles?

Last edited: