Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
In that case woman should just go around with cattle prods. That'd would be entertaining :)

[video=youtube;GFjhw4xkGpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFjhw4xkGpM[/video]
This whole thing, though, is a sad aspect of the culture there, that, basically, the onus is on women themselves to set own boundaries, in various settings, at work, home, in public, etc, and control men's behaviour towards them in own ways; rather than for the men to conduct themselves properly of own accord.

And those women who fail to do so, who won't or can't speak up against sexual harassment and such, are seen (by other women) as either weak and thus fair game for men to prey upon; or manipulators deliberately using their sexual charms to advance themselves in their career or something (which, admittedly, does happen plenty there).

It is very unfortunate IMHO

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Russia’s Foreign Ministry spokeswoman has become the latest woman to accuse influential Russian lawmaker Leonid Slutsky of sexual harassment.

Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova, who is often quoted by Western media, on March 10 said that "Leonid started saying things in a restaurant that I found very unpleasant."

"I was surprised to see that those present...did not say anything at the time and did not support me," she told Russia’s NTV television, adding that the incident took place five years ago "when I was not a well-known person."

"I completely oppose those who say that, 'See, she only makes this up now, she's that kind of girl, she does not dress properly, all of this is invented.'"
Russian Ministry Spokeswoman Accuses Alleged 'Sex Pest' Deputy

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
So, tomorrow, two of the women, Darya Zhuk

and BBC's Farida Rustamova (see Post #2) will face Slutsky at the Duma's Ethics Commission.

The Ethics Commission is made up of 14 Duma members, including a whopping 3 females (the Duma itself is like 10% women, I believe, even though women are something along the lines of 55% of population...): ???????? ?? ?? ???????? ??????????? ?????

There are some famous names on there, mainly former athletes, such as Aleksandr Karelin, a legendary wrestler, who won Olympic Gold medals for the Soviet Union, the first post-Soviet Combined Team, or whatever the heck it wad called, and then for independent new Russia as well

and Irina Rodnina, in her day, the pride, joy, and beauty of Soviet figure skating

There's also Pavel Krasheninnikov, who was Russia's Minister of Justice in late 90s

For all those big names, though, the Ethics Committee actually has very little power. The worst punishment it could slap on Slutsky, is deprive him of the privilege to speak at Duma sessions for up to a month. They can also "recommend" him to publicly apologize for his actions. Poor sod must be shaking in his bots lol

Hell, they can't even, I believe, actually compel him to even show up for that seating of theirs tomorrow. On the TV news it was said he was "invited", but there are no guarantees he'll actually bother to come. And the (male) Committee members they asked on camera were also not terribly keen to punish him at all, in any way. Three of them are his mates from Zhirinovsky's "Liberal-Democrat" Party. They'll absolutely stick up for their boy. The others also have no time for this "Western rubbish", as one put it...

And this, basically, is the only bloody excuse for a recourse those poor girls actually have over there...

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
The State Duma commission on ethics decided not to punish MP Leonid Slutsky, who was accused of harassment. This is reported by RIA Novosti.

The meeting lasted about an hour. Producer of Dozhd Daria Zhuk and correspondent of BBC Farida Rustamova who reported on Slutsky's harassment and filed complaints against him delivered a speech. Slutsky was also opposed by Ekaterina Kotrikadze, deputy editor-in-chief of the RTVi television channel, but she did not send a complaint to the Duma commission.

Slutsky was late for the meeting for 45 minutes. He went into the office where the discussion was held, after the journalists left it, testified behind closed doors and stepped forth after a few minutes.

The MP called it slander and expressed his confidence that the Duma would sort out the situation.
State Duma ethics commission found no wrongdoing in behavior of MP Slutsky accused of sexual harassment

lol As I expected...

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
The magazine RBC has recalled all its journalists working at the State Duma, in protest against the Ethics Committee’s decision earlier on Wednesday that deputy Leonid Slutsky committed no wrongdoing by sexually harassing at least three women journalists.

“With this decision, the Ethics Committee effectively sanctioned the potential sexual harassment of journalists by public figures. We do not agree with this approach, and we refuse to sanction the Duma’s position on this matter,” said RBC’s editorial board director, Elizaveta Golikova.

• On March 21, the State Duma’s Ethics Committee reviewed allegations by BBC journalist Farida Rustamova and Dozhd producer Daria Zhuk that Leonid Slutsky sexually harassed them. In a hurried session, the committee determined that Slutsky violated no “behavioral norms.” Questioning Rustamova and Zhuk, committee members made it clear that they viewed their charges against Slutsky to be suspiciously timed, given that the incidents took place over the past several years, though the women only came forward in the weeks before the presidential election.
Russian media outlet recalls journalists from the State Duma after Ethics Committee lets off deputy accused of sexually harassing multiple women reporters

Dozhd TV is also recalling all their journalists from the Duma. And the leading independent Russian newspaper Kommersant will no longer work with Slutsky in any way, they said.

Thing is... I fear that the Duma will be just fine with that... It's not as though they WANT independent coverage of their activities. The less transparency, the better, for those corrupt SOBs. If the state propaganda outlets are the only ones left in there, to them, that's just awesome...

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
LMFAO

Now, journalist Renat Davletgildeev, who is openly gay

is accusing Zhirinovsky himself of making sexual advances on him, years ago. Also mentions "dozens" of Duma members who apparently like to party "with boys" in the "special bath houses". All on his Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/davletgildeev/posts/10214081360179620

Russian media covering it extensively. Good news for Slutsky is, he, apparently, is indeed "very heterosexual", according to Davletgildeev.

hahahaha