Mexican voters REALLY don't like failed campaign promises

Mar 2019
Texas

BBC News (World)

✔@BBCWorld

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1181883939541131265

Mexico mayor tied to car and dragged along by angry locals https://bbc.in/2p4SmdU
Map of Mexico
Mexico mayor tied to car and dragged through town
Locals say the mayor in southern Chiapas did not fulfil his campaign promise of repairing a road.
bbc.com

5:47 AM - Oct 9, 2019

From the BBC:
Eleven people have been arrested in southern Mexico after the mayor of their village was dragged out of his office, tied to a pick-up truck and dragged through the streets.
Police intervened to free Mayor Jorge Luis Escandón Hernández, who reportedly suffered no major injuries.
It was the second attack by farmers demanding that he fulfil his campaign promise to repair a local road.

While I don't condone the act, I understand it.

Sep 2019
Idaho
If Democrats ever were successful at getting trump out of office I predict a similar fate for a few of them. A double dragging of Pe lousy and Schiff for brains would be fun.

Sep 2019
Idaho
I bet you're one of those "tolerant" republicans who jokes about lynching political opponents. Love the clever name changes! Brilliant!
I'm actually pretty serious here. If Democrats successfully removed Trump from office with their fake scandals I predict a violent reaction from Americans that won't stand for the ruling elites taking back power from the people. Who knows where it would end.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
I'm actually pretty serious here. If Democrats successfully removed Trump from office with their fake scandals I predict a violent reaction from Americans that won't stand for the ruling elites taking back power from the people. Who knows where it would end.
Sounds like you’d prefer pitchfork mobs to rule of law anyway. At least you admit you’re serious.

You are right about one thing... Trump’s main failure is he openly does the kind of shitty back room deals that more experienced presidents knew how to do discretely, and according to protocol.

He is a threat to the ruling elites in the same way a monkey for an engineer is a threat to the people that own the train—and anyone in the train’s path. He might luck out and not cause a catastrophe, but only because everyone is watching his every move, and thank goodness for that.

But yeah, go ahead and pity the poor monkey for not having a “fair shot”, and keep fantasizing about killing the people who are picking on him.

Sep 2019
Idaho
Sounds like you’d prefer pitchfork mobs to rule of law anyway. At least you admit you’re serious.
What I prefer is a duly elected president being able to serve his term without the ruling class removing him from office. If that were to happen I ultimately prefer armed violent revolution to being a China like slave to the ruling class.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
What I prefer is a duly elected president being able to serve his term without the ruling class removing him from office. If that were to happen I ultimately prefer armed violent revolution to being a China like slave to the ruling class.
Did you feel like a "China like slave" when Obama was President? Would you have felt like that if Clinton's impeachment had removed him from office? Just checking to see how much different you are than a standard right wing partisan hack...

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Such cute naïveté. So you were hoping for a violent revolution during the presidencies of Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Lil Bush, and Obama?

And you seem to think of Trump as some renegade billionaire who isn't part of the ruling class...Are you kidding?

Last edited:
Nov 2018
Maryland
Such cute naïveté. So you've were hoping for a violent revolution during the presidencies of Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Lil Bush, and Obama?

And you seem to think of Trump as some renegade billionaire who isn't part of the ruling class...Are you kidding?
All of the Presidents you mentioned were able to serve out their term. Only one was Impeached, and the House held an Impeachment Inquiry, something Nancy refuses to do.

Nobody wants to see violence, but Americans are a fair-minded people, and if they see one Party acting out of their interest, nullifying their 2016 votes because that Party doesn't like the President, then there is a possibility there will be violence. The good people in Hong Kong is an example of what happens when the so-called ruling class goes against the will of the people.

Reactions: Gooseberrymesa
Sep 2019
Idaho
Did you feel like a "China like slave" when Obama was President? Would you have felt like that if Clinton's impeachment had removed him from office? Just checking to see how much different you are than a standard right wing partisan hack...
Government control of healthcare was the first step towards China which "gives" it's citizens lots of government benefits which it then removes from individuals in a piecemeal fashion if they don't behave and even think "properly" . That's the inherent danger of government gaining too much control of society.
As for Clinton he did what he did and perjury is indeed an impeachable offense. Republicans had to fabricate nothing.