Mexico denies Trump's claim of secret concessions in deal

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
“We have fully signed and documented another very important part of the Immigration and Security deal with Mexico, one that the U.S. has been asking about getting for many years,” Trump wrote Monday, saying it would “be revealed in the not too distant future.”
Not so, said Mexican Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard, holding up a paper and pointing to the previously announced details. He told reporters the two countries agreed on two actions made public Friday and said if those measures didn’t work to slow migration, they would discuss further options.

“There is no other thing beyond what I have just explained,” he said.

it's obvious who we should believe here. Mr. Ebrard has no reason to lie to us. Trump does. The bigger question becomes....why does Trump continually lie to the American people? Is it because he knows it will immediately set American's against each other? That would make sense. Because it's actually what happens every single time. Turn on Fox News you'll hear them disparaging "leftist" because they call Trump's lies out. Turn on MSNBC and CNN and you'll hear them calling him a liar and admonishing their viewers not to believe a word Trump says. Who could have predicted that an American president would have American's arguing with each other over what constitutes objective truth? No. Think about that for a second. How did this happen? When did objective facts become a wedge issue? Trump is obviously lying. It's not "fake news". It's not being called out because people wish Hillary Clinton had won the election. It's quite plainly because he's a liar.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
It's quite plainly because he's a liar.

He's never once claimed any different.

"As a kid, I was making a building with blocks in our playroom. I didn't have enough. So I asked my younger brother Robert if I could borrow some of his. He said, 'Okay, but you have to give them back when you're done.' I used all of my blocks, then all of his blocks, and when I was done I had a great building, which I then glued together. Robert never did get those blocks back."

Esquire, January 2004

The problem is, American voters thought "oh man, that's awesome... what he did to Robert". And they never stopped to realise that THEY were Robert.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Mexico has to save face.

Again though we see the left siding with foreigners and foreign powers.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
It's quite plainly because he's a liar.

He's never once claimed any different.

"As a kid, I was making a building with blocks in our playroom. I didn't have enough. So I asked my younger brother Robert if I could borrow some of his. He said, 'Okay, but you have to give them back when you're done.' I used all of my blocks, then all of his blocks, and when I was done I had a great building, which I then glued together. Robert never did get those blocks back."

Esquire, January 2004

The problem is, American voters thought "oh man, that's awesome... what he did to Robert". And they never stopped to realise that THEY were Robert.
How long you been holding on to that one BarKnuckles?

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo

it's obvious who we should believe here. Mr. Ebrard has no reason to lie to us. Trump does. The bigger question becomes....why does Trump continually lie to the American people? Is it because he knows it will immediately set American's against each other? That would make sense. Because it's actually what happens every single time. Turn on Fox News you'll hear them disparaging "leftist" because they call Trump's lies out. Turn on MSNBC and CNN and you'll hear them calling him a liar and admonishing their viewers not to believe a word Trump says. Who could have predicted that an American president would have American's arguing with each other over what constitutes objective truth? No. Think about that for a second. How did this happen? When did objective facts become a wedge issue? Trump is obviously lying. It's not "fake news". It's not being called out because people wish Hillary Clinton had won the election. It's quite plainly because he's a liar.
Is this about who do we believe?

Like really?

IMO to award believability to either one is an exercise of desperation.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Is this about who do we believe?

Like really?

IMO to award believability to either one is an exercise of desperation.
well, Trump claimed he was waiting for Mexico to reveal their deal . They're disputing Trump. Trump now has license to settle the dispute. Why doesn't he if he's being publicly accused of making false claims? And again , why would Mr. Ebrard lie knowing there was a signed agreement that could expose his lie? Is there any particular reason why we should presume Mr. Ebrard would do that? Admittedly , the objective facts in this particular case aren't at all clear. On that point I'll concede .

Last edited: