mice utopia provides parallel for our society

Apr 2019
down on Rue Morgue Avenue
I remember hearing about this study years ago and found it interesting.
This researcher tries to create a utopia for mice, giving them unlimited food and water, space and clean sleeping environments and it falls apart. But it falls apart.
After a time they stopped thriving and chaos ensued.

partly I think it highlights the way society seems to be going today.

misuse of space, internal fighting , pointless murders, mothers abandoning their young, etc.

The point seems to be that even though these mice lacked for nothing, they had no purpose. Again generally speaking this is our society today.

so what are your thoughts? agree disagree? why?

Apr 2018
oregon
That study was a microcosm of the big nanny-state government championed by the modern left, and not only in the aspect of the subjects being rodents. The similarities are legion.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
That study was a microcosm of the big nanny-state government championed by the modern left, and not only in the aspect of the subjects being rodents. The similarities are legion.
You guys are looking at things in a microcosm, as I suspected. Try looking at society in the macrocosm. As I stated above, most people work for whatever they have. The premise of the OP is silly.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Expect for the fact that mice are not human beings, not even close.

What are the similarities between mice and humans that would have a bearing on this study?
Other than they are both warm blooded mammals that bear live young?

Apr 2018
oregon
Expect for the fact that mice are not human beings, not even close.
"Expect for the fact"? I never expect facts when you post, kid.
What are the similarities between mice and humans that would have a bearing on this study?
There are enough similarities that they get the same outcome when subjected to a nanny state.

Apr 2018
oregon
Funny, considering that people such as Trump - i.e., born with a silver foot in his mouth - are the ones with everything handed to them, despite all this supporters' whining about a supposed "nanny state."
Trump's history has nothing to do with the study. Think better, please.