Middle Class: Get Ready For Higher Taxes

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
[quote name='Macduff' date='23 April 2010 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1272050263' post='142781']

Wow, you sure told me. If disagreeing with the executive is putting party over country then what do you call the 8 years before Obama?[/quote]

This goes way beyond disagreeing with a President of the opposite party. This is obstructionism to the detriment of our country & it will not be tolerated by the voters.

[quote name='Macduff' date='23 April 2010 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1272050263' post='142781']You disagree with many of his decisions?!?!?! That must be because he's black.

[/quote]

Not worthy of comment. (To claim all anti-Obama rhetoric is racist is just as wrong-headed as to claim none of it is)

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
[quote name='michaelr' date='23 April 2010 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1272050362' post='142782']

Well Obama has to start, and he hasn't.[/quote]

Yes he has. He can't be expected to fix Washington in 16 months.

The rest of your diatrivbe I simply disagree with you pinning all the blame on Obama. Much of your complaints are systemic problems that have been going on for years ubder Dems & Repubs & to blame Obama for not fixing everything is simply unfair.

You & I see the world differently Mike. You think 9/11 was an inside job & you think FEMA is building Death Camps.....so we are never gonna agree on much........which is fine. You seem like a basically decent guy & that's what makes these forums fun.......Disagreement without being disagreeable!

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
[quote name='Devil505' date='23 April 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1272050982' post='142785']

This goes way beyond disagreeing with a President of the opposite party. This is obstructionism to the detriment of our country & it will not be tolerated by the voters.[/quote]You think so? Well we'll see in November.

Not worthy of comment. (To claim all anti-Obama rhetoric is racist is just as wrong-headed as to claim none of it is)
I respect this. But I think the racism claim is getting thrown out there way too often.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
[quote name='Devil505' date='23 April 2010 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1272051422' post='142789']

Yes he has. He can't be expected to fix Washington in 16 months.

The rest of your diatrivbe I simply disagree with you pinning all the blame on Obama. Much of your complaints are systemic problems that have been going on for years ubder Dems & Repubs & to blame Obama for not fixing everything is simply unfair.

You & I see the world differently Mike. You thing 9/11 was an inside job & you think FEMA is building Death Camps.....so we are never gonna agree on much........which is fine. You seem like a basically decent guy & that's what makes these forums fun.......Disagreement without being disagreeable!

[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words...

Umm, it is up to the government to fix it, it is their job.

That diatribe as you call it, is indeed Obama's record.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
[quote name='metheron' date='23 April 2010 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1272048499' post='142769']

There is plenty of blame to go around for everybody. Finger pointing is not doing any good. What exactly is Obama going to do to reduce this deficit other than raising taxes. I have heard little and meaningless talk of reductions in spending. I have heard him say that 'anything' is on the table.

I always get concerned when things are at 'historically low' levels. I didn't read your link, but I won't dispute it. That is generally the argument, though, before taxes are raised. Well they were at 'historically low' levels, where did you expect them to go.

I am not trying to lay blame on any individual. That seems to be wrong theme around here. What I am saying is that there is a huge deficit growing at an uncontrollable pace and a government that has shown no limits on what they are spending. How does DC plan on reducing the deficit?

[/quote]

Sorry....Missed this b4. (I'm downstairs now & trying do shake down my coal stove with one leg useless!..Still cool enough in the mornings to keep it going)

Anyway..I have never said either side is blameless & I can;'t give you specifics on how this will all pan out......BUT.....All I read every day is how Obama has failed & that he's a Nazi & all the other unhelpful BS. I just don't buy it. I think Obama is doing a decent job economically & it's way to easy to find links "Proving" he isn't!....It comes down to opinion & giving the guy a chance, which is what I'm willing to do. Now is exactly the time for government (us) to put our collective money back into our economy to help it out & get more Americans back to work. Not all government spending is bad!......& not all government regulation of business is bad!

Predictions of doom are as meaningless as the guarantees of prosperity that some make. Obama has promised neither! He's middle of the road & deserves more slack & respect than some on the right are willing to give him.

I have no doubts that..historically speaking...The Dems are bound to lose some seats in Congress this November. I doubt very much that the GOP will win back control of either house .......& if they do..... that will be terrible for our country as all they promise is to do nothing & simply further obstruct.

That's what I think anyway.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
[quote name='Macduff' date='23 April 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1272049146' post='142773']

That's like saying Democrats wanted the country to lose in Iraq and Afghanistan because it would make George Bush look bad. Completely ridiculous.

[/quote]

Ridiculous?....Remember this damaging admission?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHV4nDS501Y[/media]

Think hoping for a President's Waterloo is good for our country? (I don't....& I think that's all the GOP is looking for......No answers to our problems...just a defeat for our President & therefore our country & a promise of finding "Freedom Solutions" for us!)...What the hell are Freedom Solutions????

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
[quote name='Devil505' date='23 April 2010 - 04:47 PM' timestamp='1272055665' post='142819']

Ridiculous?....Remember this damaging admission?

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mHV4nDS501Y[/media]

Think hoping for a President's Waterloo is good for our country? (I don't....& I think that's all the GOP is looking for......No answers to our problems...just a defeat for our President & therefore our country & a promise of finding "Freedom Solutions" for us!)...What the hell are Freedom Solutions????

[/quote]

Let me get this straight: you expect someone to root for a policy they think will be bad for the country and the person pushing them?

You've got to be kidding me. The left just spent 8 years doing everything they could to undermine a president and now they cry when someone doesn't want to play along with their's?

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
[quote name='Macduff' date='23 April 2010 - 05:10 PM' timestamp='1272057027' post='142834']

Let me get this straight: you expect someone to root for a policy they think will be bad for the country and the person pushing them?

You've got to be kidding me. The left just spent 8 years doing everything they could to undermine a president and now they cry when someone doesn't want to play along with their's?

[/quote]

No.......I think a Senator should try to do what's best for his country....Not his party........ & I don't believe for one minute that the main motivation to defeat the hc bill was anything more than an attempt to kill Obama's presidency.......Regardless of impact on the country....DeMint came right out & admitted it!!

Do you deny that the GOP's strategy has been to obstruct Obama in every way they could....on every issue?

Do you think that's really motivated by love of country?

I re-posted DeMint's speech a number of times here because I think his stupidity was.....in being honest..& .needs to be repeated often: The GOP LEADERS are only interested in regaining power in Washington.....& that is a violation of the oath they swore too as Senators & Congressmen...They swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States......Not the partisan platform of the RNC!

That is my opinion.....as an American. (I know you think I'm a Dem....but I really am not.I just want what's best for my country)

Sep 2007
In California, taxes will have to be increased to balance our budget. I support an increase and will pay them. If the middle class (me) taxes need to be raised to avoid the type of liquidity disasters Mike predicts, then I'll pay those too. This culture of victimization via taxes sounds like whining to me.

Whaddya gonna do? Let our country or your state go kablooey?

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
[quote name='Goldwater' date='23 April 2010 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1272071041' post='142871']

In California, taxes will have to be increased to balance our budget. I support an increase and will pay them. If the middle class (me) taxes need to be raised to avoid the type of liquidity disasters Mike predicts, then I'll pay those too. This culture of victimization via taxes sounds like whining to me.

Whaddya gonna do? Let our country or your state go kablooey?

[/quote]

Maybe if we weren't all victimized by the governments economic Goldman Sachs hit man, the whining would slow down a bit. Now we find out that during the melt down, the SEC was to busy master baiting to do anything about it.

The sovereign debt crisis is not far off. I posted a thread from the Bank of International Settlements, hell it sounded like i work for them, and I got news, they never in their history made statement like they did a few weeks ago, and they don't unless a crisis in imminent.