Mike Bloomberg to Bloomberg News reporters: 'With your paycheck comes some restrictions'

Jan 2012
SoCal

Mike Bloomberg, the billionaire Democratic presidential candidate, said employees at his news organization "just have to learn to live with some things" when asked about their frustrations over the outlet's 2020 election policy forbidding the investigation of Democratic presidential contenders.
"They get a paycheck," Bloomberg said during an interview that aired Friday with "CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King. "But with your paycheck comes some restrictions and responsibilities.".....
Wow! Talk about sending the wrong message as a presidential candidate. Talk about being completely out of touch with the voter.

Here is a billionaire who is telling his employees with regard to actually generating legitimate news and following the various leads and stories out there.... “they get a paycheck” and it amounts to shut up and do what you are told per him.

I can’t imagine anyone seriously wanting to justify his position here. I’m a billionaire. I write checks and you don’t so forget being a news organization that does all the actual news is the short version of it.

Insane!

Reactions: Hognoxious
Jan 2019
southeast

Wow! Talk about sending the wrong message as a presidential candidate. Talk about being completely out of touch with the voter.

Here is a billionaire who is telling his employees with regard to actually generating legitimate news and following the various leads and stories out there.... “they get a paycheck” and it amounts to shut up and do what you are told per him.

I can’t imagine anyone seriously wanting to justify his position here. I’m a billionaire. I write checks and you don’t so forget being a news organization that does all the actual news is the short version of it.

Insane!
He's pathetic...

Reactions: Hognoxious
Mar 2019
TN
Do you honestly believe Rupert Murdock didn’t tell his people what to report and it who they could or couldn’t go after ??

• Love
Reactions: the bull59
Nov 2016
USA
Leftists hate any speech they can't control.
Oh, puh-leeze! Just today someone here on PH, a right winger, DEMANDED that I retract a comment That he didn’t like. I took exception to that brazen attempt to silence me, and I refused.

Jan 2012
SoCal
Doesn’t need to. He tells the talking heads on Faux News what to say. They say it. Trump does it.

Easy peasy
So even with your bad reasoning you've got it backwards.

So per you, Fox tells billionaire and president Trump what to do. He is the puppet per you.

With Bloomberg it is the opposite, again this is your own reasoning. He is the puppet master who will own the news and potentially the presidency.

Mar 2019
TN
So even with your bad reasoning you've got it backwards.

So per you, Fox tells billionaire and president Trump what to do. He is the puppet per you.

With Bloomberg it is the opposite, again this is your own reasoning. He is the puppet master who will own the news and potentially the presidency.

The thing with Faux news HAS HAPPENED. Trump says he’s going to do X. The next few days the talking heads at Faux start talking about what a terrible idea X really is. A few days later, sometimes the next day, the Dumbster reversed course. It’s already happened. If Tucker Carlson or Seam Hannity thinks it’s a bad idea, there’s a 99% chance Trump will change his mind.

That’s not “per me” that’s a fact. It’s already happened. More than once.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59