Mike Pence dumped his college fiancee for being a ‘sinner’ and narced on his beer-drinking frat bros: report

Jul 2015
Maryland USA
Maybe NS is just trying to suss out your current stance on the matter. You know, on this political site where we give our opinions. ;)
Personally, I didn't evolve because I changed my position, rather I evolved because I established a position regarding alternative lifestyles. Additionally, I must admit that until recently regarding political issues, I only followed those that directly impacted me, for example taxation. If I wasn't affected, I didn't pay much attention which included the issues related to alternative lifestyles. When asked what do I think about same sex marriage, my typical response was-I don't think about same sex marriage. When the issues hit the front burner in the public debate, I started thinking. i now support, but more importantly, argue the right of same sex couples to marry and the right of transgender individuals to live in the manner they need.

I established my position primarily because I think that people have the right to live their lives as they deem necessary. In short, its a human right. But the fact that I am not directly impacted continues to influence my position and I do not understand why others perceive themselves to be impacted directly. If Adam and Steve get married this afternoon, tomorrow morning when I wake up, how is my life going to change. If the wife is upset, I will still need to figure out what it was I did.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Personally, I didn't evolve because I changed my position, rather I evolved because I established a position regarding alternative lifestyles. Additionally, I must admit that until recently regarding political issues, I only followed those that directly impacted me, for example taxation. If I wasn't affected, I didn't pay much attention which included the issues related to alternative lifestyles. When asked what do I think about same sex marriage, my typical response was-I don't think about same sex marriage. When the issues hit the front burner in the public debate, I started thinking. i now support, but more importantly, argue the right of same sex couples to marry and the right of transgender individuals to live in the manner they need.

I established my position primarily because I think that people have the right to live their lives as they deem necessary. In short, its a human right. But the fact that I am not directly impacted continues to influence my position and I do not understand why others perceive themselves to be impacted directly. If Adam and Steve get married this afternoon, tomorrow morning when I wake up, how is my life going to change. If the wife is upset, I will still need to figure out what it was I did.
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!!

The first time I heard some person opposed to gay marriage say that, I couldn't stop giggling for about five minutes.

Dec 2006
required field
Personally, I didn't evolve because I changed my position, rather I evolved because I established a position regarding alternative lifestyles.
That is a really profound statement. I had to read it a couple times, and of course that made me read the rest of your post very closely. That is one of the coolest things anyone here has said. :)

Jul 2015
Maryland USA
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!!

The first time I heard some person opposed to gay marriage say that, I couldn't stop giggling for about five minutes.
I am well aware that God looked down and saw that Adam was lonely and needed a mate. So God called down to Adam and said: Adam, I am going to put you to sleep, I am going to take your right arm and make you the perfect mate. Adam replied, God I appreciate that you are going to make me the perfect mate, but I am going to need my right arm, so what can I get for a rib.

Jun 2014
United States
Uh...yeah.

Senator Barack Obama when running for president on April 17, 2008:

"I believe that marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Now for me as a Christian---for me---for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God's in the mix."

Oh yeah, that's what he said.

Of course that's before he "evolved" into supporting gay marriage.

And, Hillary did the same thing...

Only fools and unreasonable people never change their minds...

Of course.

Jan 2016
Colorado
I have no idea.

Just said that to get you stirred up a little.

I do think he will make a good president, though...
Gosh. I think Mike Pence would make a simply AWFUL President. Just plain AWFUL. Even HORRIBLE. I struggle to find words to describe how TERRIBLE a President I think Mike Pence would be. Shaking my head. Terrible.

But nowhere NEAR as bad as Donald Trump.