Military stronger without ban on gays

Aug 2010
See you in a new existence!
From Admiral Mullen: "Today, with implementation of the new law fully in place, we are a stronger joint force, a more tolerant joint force, a force of more character and more honor, more in keeping with our own values."

Adm. Michael Mullen: Military stronger without ban on gays

Obviously those who don't serve in the military but have specific political and religious prejudices disagree:
"Over 97% of our 2.3 million men and women in uniform have now received education and training on repeal," Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said.

Even before Tuesday, the military started accepting applications from openly gay recruits. Now the military can begin processing the applications.

The repeal also brings to an end pending investigations, discharges and other legal proceedings that began under the law. Servicemembers who were discharged under the ban can attempt to re-enlist but will be considered along with all other prior service applicants.

Two House Republicans recently attempted to delay implementation of the repeal, saying the Pentagon is not prepared for the transition.

House Armed Services Committee Chairman Buck McKeon, R-Calif., and Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C., recently sent a letter to Panetta saying, "The department is not ready to implement the repeal because all the policies and regulations necessary for the transition are not yet final."

The Pentagon has said it has kept lawmakers abreast of the policy and regulatory changes associated with the repeal.
Buck McKeon never served in the military: U.S. Congressman Buck McKeon - 25th District of California - Meet Buck

Joe "You lie!" Wilson served as an Army lawyer (JAG officer aka Jag-Off) in the USAR and the S.C. National Guard before retiring as Colonel. Obviously he learned little about decorum, duty and teamwork in his time as a Guardsman. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Wilson_(U.S._politician)

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Retarded.

I'd be more concerned that the troops are prepared. Shit can happen when you have a gay soldier out in the middle of nowhere with another prejudice soldier.

What do they need to "prepare" in the Pentigon? A seperate coffee pot to avoid gay coffee?

Nov 2009
Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
It is not the first time an Admiral has been wrong.

DADT was and hopefully will again be the policy of the DoD. It was designed to keep sexual orientation out of the military.

Jan 2011
Boise, Idaho
I guess that homophobia will be an everyday word again...

I also guess that women that have an expectation of privacy...by having separate berthing, separate showers and separate locker rooms based upon silly old gender stereotypes...are really all just heterophobes.

Apr 2011
Under your skin
Retarded.

I'd be more concerned that the troops are prepared. Shit can happen when you have a gay soldier out in the middle of nowhere with another prejudice soldier.

What do they need to "prepare" in the Pentigon? A seperate coffee pot to avoid gay coffee?
What flavor is "gay" coffee?

Reactions: roberthughey

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
It is not the first time an Admiral has been wrong.

DADT was and hopefully will again be the policy of the DoD. It was designed to keep sexual orientation out of the military.
We have the UCMJ, not to mention Honor, Courage, and Commitment.

Seriously, how fucking hard could it be to just do one's job? Since I joined up in 1989 I can't remember discussing my sexuality with my shipmates.... ever. So now with the repeal of DADT do I suddenly feel like I need make some announcements about my cock at the next muster? No.

Apr 2011
Under your skin
We have the UCMJ, not to mention Honor, Courage, and Commitment.

Seriously, how fucking hard could it be to just do one's job? Since I joined up in 1989 I can't remember discussing my sexuality with my shipmates.... ever. So now with the repeal of DADT do I suddenly feel like I need make some announcements about my cock at the next muster? No.
So y'all never traded shore leave stories about women? That would be an indicator.