Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Reactions: 2 people

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Politifact on Martin O'Malley

97% of Planned Parenthood's work is mammograms, preventive care, O'Malley says | PolitiFact

Somehow still rates a Half True despite acknowledging that PP doesn't do mammograms at all. By my math that's 0%.
We've already gone over this. It's nuanced but even righties can get it if they try.

While PP doesn't do actual mammograms, they do breast examinations. Stay with me here, you'll get it. Doing a breast examination means that they screen for breast cancer. If it is found that a patient has a suspicious lump(s), she will be referred for a mammogram. This is why it is rated half true.

The concept isn't that difficult. If one applies him/ herself, the idea can be understood.

It would help if some of you would at least try to be unbiased when it comes to PP.

Reactions: 16 people
Feb 2011
The greatest place on Earth California
We've already gone over this. It's nuanced but even righties can get it if they try.

While PP doesn't do actual mammograms, they do breast examinations. Stay with me here, you'll get it. Doing a breast examination means that they screen for breast cancer. If it is found that a patient has a suspicious lump(s), she will be referred for a mammogram. This is why it is rated half true.

The concept isn't that difficult. If one applies him/ herself, the idea can be understood.

It would help if some of you would at least try to be unbiased when it comes to PP.
Babba, the concept is totally new to most on the reich.

Reactions: 4 people

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

A breast exam is not a mammogram any more than an eye exam is an MRI. Planned Parenthood doesn't do mammograms. So saying that they do is false.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
A breast exam is not a mammogram any more than an eye exam is an MRI. Planned Parenthood doesn't do mammograms. So saying that they do is false.
Breast exams lead to a mammogram. Without the first, you don't have the second.

And comparing an eye exam to an MRI doesn't even compute.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Breast exams lead to a mammogram. Without the first, you don't have the second.

And comparing an eye exam to an MRI doesn't even compute.
Still not a mammogram. Claiming that PP does mammograms is factually incorrect.

Reactions: 4 people