Missouri set to pass another strict abortion bill

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Missouri's Republican-led Senate has passed a wide-ranging bill to ban abortions at eight weeks of pregnancy, acting only hours after Alabama's governor signed a near-total abortion ban into law. The Missouri bill needs another vote of approval in the GOP-led House before it can go to Republican Gov. Mike Parson, who voiced support for an earlier version Wednesday.

It includes exceptions for medical emergencies, but not for pregnancies caused by rape or incest. Doctors would face five to 15 years in prison for violating the eight-week cutoff. Women who receive abortions wouldn't be prosecuted.

As CBS News' Kate Smith has reported, Missouri already has some of the most restrictive abortion access laws in the country. Missourians seeking an abortion are subject to a 72-hour waiting period and only one abortion clinic exist in the state.

Missouri abortion law: Senate passes "one of the strongest" measures in nation; Democrat says bill is "shaming women" - CBS News

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
I agree with this as after 8 weeks we start seeing brainwave activity... I think the rape and incest needs to be reviewed, but two months should be enough time to figure out what one wants to do with a pregnancy.

I think the rest of the state is far too restrictive.

Mar 2019
Down a back road turn south on a gravel drive
If you take away the ability of the liberals to kill their baby, they will go nuts.

This is in response to the late term abortions that democrats have been pushing. And it is snowballing

Jun 2014
United States
If you take away the ability of the liberals to kill their baby, they will go nuts.

This is in response to the late term abortions that democrats have been pushing. And it is snowballing

Nobody has a late term abortion for the purpose of birth control. Only the lowest form of scum would use the tragedies that lead to late-term abortions as a political football.

No real Christian would engage in such reprehensible behavior.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Are you convinced yet that your vote for Republicans translates into scenarios such as these for those who believe in maintaining their right to choose? It does. The way the SCOTUS is now stacked there is little doubt that they will side with those states that have chosen to outlaw abortions but we shall see what happens.

Wonderer

Council Hall
May 2014
Missouri
Are you convinced yet that your vote for Republicans translates into scenarios such as these for those who believe in maintaining their right to choose? It does. The way the SCOTUS is now stacked there is little doubt that they will side with those states that have chosen to outlaw abortions but we shall see what happens.
That's kind of the point. For those of us who are pro-life anyway.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
That's kind of the point. For those of us who are pro-life anyway.
Yes, I am against abortion also and have said that here many times before. The reason being that I strongly believe that where there's a will there's a way. Any person who chooses to have sex but does not want a child as the result should take good care of themselves so as to avoid that from happening if they cannot take care of the baby. Men actively engaging in sex should always carry condoms but so should women to remind the men that they don't want to be placed in a precarious situation as a result of their "merger." Outside of rape where there is no choice in the matter for women both women and men can use a little common sense and avoid the problems they could be facing later on in having to terminate a pregnancy with an unborn child. It is so heartbreaking to learn that most times an unborn child can feel when it is being aborted and cut apart and of course it hurts them tremendously. I often think how could a mother put their child through that in good conscience? The unfortunate part of it all is that most women will not take the time to prevent a pregnancy. They are so hell-bent on going through the sexual act at the moment that nothing else seems to matter until it turns out that they are pregnant. But when it reaches that point they should simply carry the baby to term and if they can't take care of it themselves they should place it up for adoption with loving parents who can. That is the humane and adult way to handle this situation in my opinion.