MO Guv declares state of emergency, and curfew (midnight - 5am) in Ferguson

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
I don't think this is going to turn out well ... how are they going to enforce a curfew???

May 2012
By the wall
A gunshot to the back as the perp flees from the 7 K-9 units released on his criminal ass.

Jul 2014
midwest
I don't think this is going to turn out well ... how are they going to enforce a curfew???
You are right. I hope a curfew is effective and calms things down...but I wouldn't bet on it.

If the cops sat by and did not stop looting last night, why would the thugs and criminals think they will enforce a curfew tonight? The word went out last night that the city was free to be sacked, and there's probably lots of thieves with their sites set on some more looting tonight. Will the curfew stop them? We shall see.

When the gov imposed the curfew, that is his version of the "Red Line in the Sand" in Syria. President Obama did nothing when his Red Line was violated, will Gov Nixon back up his plan, or will it be meaningless like the Syrian Red Line was?

I watched almost all of the news conference and to say the crowd was disrespectful would be an understatement.

MSNBC analysis was that Gov Nixon was defensive and out of touch but Capt Johnson did his best to relate to the people. I didn't think the crowd gave either of them a chance. The whole news conference was a disaster, according to MSNBC.

My opinion would be that just about everything has been a disaster from day one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
You are right. I hope a curfew is effective and calms things down...but I wouldn't bet on it.

If the cops sat by and did not stop looting last night, why would the thugs and criminals think they will enforce a curfew tonight?
Cost benefit analysis? Running out of things to steal?

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Ya know...on a side note, I neve have understood the point of riots. I mean take this situation, for instance. We're pissed off at the cops for their mistreatment of one of our own! So, how are we going to express this anger? Why, by trashing the local dry cleaner's, and ripping off the electronics store, of course. Take that, you fascist pigs!!!

Uh...WHAT?!?!?

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
midwest
Cost benefit analysis? Running out of things to steal?
I agree but don't think the thugs and criminals are smart enough to understand the logistics.

Plus they are probably too drunk on all the booze they looted last night.

Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
Ya know...on a side note, I neve have understood the point of riots. I mean take this situation, for instance. We're pissed off at the cops for their mistreatment of one of our own! So, how are we going to express this anger? Why, by trashing the local dry cleaner's, and ripping off the electronics store, of course. Take that, you fascist pigs!!!

Uh...WHAT?!?!?
There are assholes in every crowd including opportunist assholes waiting to take advange to get free things.

Apr 2014
Maryland

Uh...WHAT?!?!?
All they are doing is losing public sympathy perpetuating the stereotype that racists have. They accuse people of profiling them and then they show why they are profiled. This has to be Infuriating to the black community which had hoped for peaceful protesting

Reactions: 3 people