Mom Called ‘Disturbing’ for Breastfeeding 4-year-old Autistic Son

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Who cares, really, what anyone does if it doesn't impact them? The only thought I would have if I saw a toddler breast feed is the fact the child has teeth. Yikes!! :)
I do wonder if there is a point of legality? I recall a story about a mom who took baths with her son when he was 7 or 8 and someone called child services. I imagine somebody is going to think its bad and endangering the kid.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
I do wonder if there is a point of legality? I recall a story about a mom who took baths with her son when he was 7 or 8 and someone called child services. I imagine somebody is going to think its bad and endangering the kid.
It would be a slippery slope, I am sure. I don't think parents rush things like they used to...such as potty training or feeding methods. I have seen 5 year olds with bottle rot on their teeth from still drinking from a bottle. They don't call social services for that. They seem to allow that type of growth to develop naturally. I doubt my friends grandson will start kindergarten on time because he still is not potty trained enough and still having accidents and he wears pull ups. He will be 5 this year. He has no interest in using the big boy potty and will hide to do his business, pulls off the diaper and hands it to her. Back in the day, potty training started when the child learned to walk and kids were not given much of a choice about it. .