• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Bird...what? wtf u talkin about

• Total voters
Jan 2008
[quote name='Six' date='08 August 2009 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1249746201' post='1710']

Any of you guys care to defend their decision to buy 3 G5's and two 737 business class jets ?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124969431303416161.html

[/quote]

Why would they? I'm sure it has something to do with "helping" minorities, or better yet, "stimulating" the economy by purchasing something that has to be made by The American Worker. Don't forget, they will plant lotsa trees too, to offset the jet fuel exhaust. Maybe they'll even paint signs on the jets like the road signs you see at the construction zones on the highways, boasting about how they were paid for by the Taxpayers....Getting America Back To Work.

May 2006
The word is "hypocrisy".

Next, the thread title is screwball nonsense. There is nothing about the issue that indicates any sort of left-vs-right conflict. Many of the provisions (there are over 1,000) mentioned in the article are Republican. The item in question, the jets, is a point of contention between Congress and-- get this --the administration. The administration, i.e., Obama, i.e., ultimate symbol of leftism among angry Rush Limbaugh types, does not want the jets.

If I had to qualify such spending, I'd have to call it your basic run-of-the-mill pork. But I haven't looked into who added the bit about the jets, and what, if any, connection they may have with such spending. I'd guess somebody with a jet factory in their district had something to do with it. Thus: pork. But that's just a guess.

But that really has no bearing on your initial characterization of the spending as "more hypocricy from the left", which is completely bogus in this case.

Dec 2007
[quote name='NO-Bama' date='08 August 2009 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1249749725' post='1736']

Why would they? I'm sure it has something to do with "helping" minorities, or better yet, "stimulating" the economy by purchasing something that has to be made by The American Worker. Don't forget, they will plant lotsa trees too, to offset the jet fuel exhaust. Maybe they'll even paint signs on the jets like the road signs you see at the construction zones on the highways, boasting about how they were paid for by the Taxpayers....Getting America Back To Work.

[/quote]

yea, sounds like you didn't even read the link.

but nice unrelated rant! well done.