More oil on the way

Sep 2019
Idaho
I'm sure that oil will last us a while. Perhaps hundreds of years. But compared to the 6,000 history of humanity, the oil era will be a blink in the eye. We need to conserve resources that are limited.
Oil as fuel will be obsolete long before we run out of it but I have to laugh at this new approach of conservation of a "precious resource" by leftist on one hand as they attempt to blame it for climate change on tne other. Pick a story and stick with it.

Jul 2014
midwest
Oil as fuel will be obsolete long before we run out of it but I have to laugh at this new approach of conservation of a "precious resource" by leftist on one hand as they attempt to blame it for climate change on tne other. Pick a story and stick with it.
Good point...

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
I've Got Nowhere Else to Go
But if you're cool with it, what are you blaming Trump for? Both parties support it.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
LOL. Are you also laughing at those "sucker" American military personnel for signing up and being ordered to spill their blood defending Syrian oil? I bet you are! :D

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
it's illegal by the US's own laws. The US has veto power over the world court so technically nothing it does is illegal.
Which laws? Are you saying that both Obama and Trump have broken the law but Congress failed to do anything about it?

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
I've Got Nowhere Else to Go
Which laws? Are you saying that both Obama and Trump have broken the law but Congress failed to do anything about it?
Yes I am. Syria is a sovereign country. We haven't been invited there. We're occupying that country illegally, and without a formal declaration of war.

We're also committing war crimes, as usual. If you believe Amnesty International, anyway.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Yes I am. Syria is a sovereign country. We haven't been invited there. We're occupying that country illegally, and without a formal declaration of war.

We're also committing war crimes, as usual. If you believe Amnesty International, anyway.
I think it's more complicated by that, but understand your point. No doubt you also think we should have stayed out of Bosnia, Somalia, Rwanda and many other nations. Isolationism is common in American history and many still favor it.