Mother murders her two teens for no reason

TAMPA, Florida — The wife of a military officer shot and killed her son on the way to soccer practice, then drove to their upscale home and shot her daughter in the head while she studied at her computer, police said Friday. Afterward, the woman told detectives she killed the teens for being "mouthy."

Julie Powers Schenecker admitted the slayings after officers found her covered in blood on the back porch of her home Friday morning, police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said. Schenecker's mother had called police from Texas because she was unable to reach the 50-year-old woman, who she said was depressed and had been complaining about her children.

Schenecker's husband, Parker Schenecker, is an Army colonel stationed at the headquarters of U.S. Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa. The father had been away for several days when the killings happened, said CentCom spokesman Lt. Col. Michael Lawhorn, describing him as a career Army intelligence officer.

Police: Mother kills her 2 'mouthy' teens - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
*** Posts of this nature are not allowed.. While I realize you angry at the person in your article.. You can't make posts of this nature.. ***

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Heard about this. The woman is clearly psychotic. To turn a gun on your own children... its just something sane people are not capable of doing.

MajikMyst

Former Staff
Mar 2010
Seattle Wa.
Yeah... I can't even imagine.. And for something as stupid as being mouthy as a reason?? Definately got issues there.. I feel for the dad..

Oct 2010
USA
I agree there was mental illness here. In some occasional cases murder is not the manifestation of mental illness, but in this case it is pretty cut and dry.

And yeah, my heart goes out to the father. I cannot imagine what he's feeling right now. I think those are some shoes we all can be glad we are not walking in right now.