MSM must explain why illegal/unreported campaign contributions are bad

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
I think many people consider these violations to be less than serious.
They are serious because without knowing where campaign spending is coming from there are no free and fair elections!

The laws are designed so that elective offices can't be bought by rich/corrupt donors who conspire with a candidate to get favors done....even illegal favors as we are seeing.
Rich candidates are not allowed to use their wealth to buy office!
When criminal politicians evade these laws they are stealing elections....plain and simple!

Last edited:
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Problem is what do you do with self funded candidates? Trump had a 120 million dollar account and used 60 million for his campaign. Is it legal for him to use the other 60 million for whatever he wants? I really dont know the answer.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Problem is what do you do with self funded candidates? Trump had a 120 million dollar account and used 60 million for his campaign. Is it legal for him to use the other 60 million for whatever he wants? I really dont know the answer.
The law already limits what a rich candidate can legally spend on his own campaign.
Why should the rich be able to buy elections?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
The law already limits what a rich candidate can legally spend on his own campaign.
Why should the rich be able to buy elections?
Yes they limit what they can spend but what about the rest of their money? Thats what seems to be the issue here. Trump claims he paid those two women out of his own bank account. Not the 60 million he used for his campaign. Mueller will need to decide what that means.