MSNBC has to cancel Sanders town hall event

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is raising questions about the surprise cancellation of a town hall meeting in West Virginia, which was scheduled for Monday morning and was to be filmed for an MSNBC special. In a statement, Sanders said that a National Guard armory that had been booked for the town hall had canceled without explanation, and that the network was unable to find a new venue on short notice.

“If anyone in West Virginia government thinks that I will be intimidated from going to McDowell County, West Virginia, to hold a town meeting, they are dead wrong,” Sanders said in a statement. “If they don’t allow us to use the local armory, we’ll find another building. If we can’t find another building, we’ll hold the meeting out in the streets. That town meeting will be held. Poverty in America will be discussed. Solutions will be found.”

On Friday night, as first reported by the Charleston Gazette-Mail, MSNBC and Sanders learned that the armory would not be available for the town hall, which was to be moderated by host Chris Hayes. While the state National Guard and new Gov. Jim Justice (D-W.Va.) have not talked about the cancellation, people with knowledge of the event say it had been planned for weeks, and they were told belatedly that the venue could not host a political event.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/02/12/bernie-sanders-cries-foul-over-canceled-town-hall-meeting-in-west-virginia/?utm_term=.7d1e1ce6bf07

Reactions: 3 people
Dec 2016
United States
Didn't Mr Sanders say that CNN was fake news on the air and got cut off? Maybe MSNBC is trying to prevent something similar from happening to them?

Apr 2014
Maryland
Didn't Mr Sanders say that CNN was fake news on the air and got cut off? Maybe MSNBC is trying to prevent something similar from happening to them?
It was a joke!! Why don't you try educating yourself
Burnett: "He says he knows nothing about it, hasn't seen any of these reports. Is that a problem?"

Sanders: "Well, I don't know, maybe he was watching CNN fake news, what do you think?"

Burnett: "You don't buy it?"

Sanders: "That was a joke."

Burnett: "I know it was a joke. I'm saying, you don't buy what he said, obviously?"

Reactions: 5 people
Mar 2015
The cloud
Yes, Sanders IS a joke. And the three people actually interested in attending and watching are all torn up....I'm sure.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Yes, Sanders IS a joke. And the three people actually interested in attending and watching are all torn up....I'm sure.
He actually has another town hall slated for Kansas and its sold out. I would bet he is going to run for president again..

"An upcoming speech in Topeka, Kansas on Feb. 25th had to be moved to a larger venue after more than 1,500 tickets were sold in one week."

Apr 2014
Maryland
He actually has another town hall slated for Kansas and its sold out. I would bet he is going to run for president again..

"An upcoming speech in Topeka, Kansas on Feb. 25th had to be moved to a larger venue after more than 1,500 tickets were sold in one week."
He's way too old to run for president