MSNBC, NBC News Top Political Editor Accused of 'Trying to Intimidate' Reporter on 'Behalf of the DNC'

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
A reporter is accusing the managing editor of NBC News and MSNBC’s political coverage of trying to "intimidate” him into spiking a story about the Democratic National Committee in a chilling phone conversation that he says had her acting as a political operative and not a fellow journalist.

Yashar Ali, a high-profile freelance journalist whose work has appeared in the Huffington Post and New York magazine, said he was so taken aback by his conversation with Dafna Linzer, who has held the key NBC position since October 2015, that he posted his synopsis of it in a series of tweets Friday. Linzer, he said, was trying to block him from publishing the dates of the 2020 Democratic Party primary debates - a move Ali suspects was made to benefit the DNC, not her employers.

“Yesterday, I received a call from @DafnaLinzer who serves as managing editor of NBC/MSNBC politics. Dafna's conduct during the call was highly inappropriate and unethical. So what was the purpose of her call? She called me to bully me on behalf of the DNC,” the first tweet read.

MSNBC, NBC News top political editor accused of 'trying to intimidate' reporter on 'behalf of the DNC'

Evidence of actual collusion .....

Anyone ?

It's storie like this that make normal thinking folks completely ignore the Leftist extremist who claim the fake news MSM is viable.

The fake news MSM is nothing more than a militant arm of the Democrat Party.

Reactions: JumpingJackFlash
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Situation normal.

They aren't "journalists".

They are partners in crime.

Business as usual...
Yes it is ....

This is actually a huge story.

Don't look for the Leftist extremist to acknowledge it.

Leftism in this Country is falling apart.

I fear they will become more violent.

Especially after 2020.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Not cool at all.

But I see maybe you failed to understand this part of his tweet?

I realized that @DafnaLinzer, the head of all political coverage for NBC News and MSNBC wasn't calling to advocate for her network, she was calling to advocate the DNC's position. She wanted me to wait so they could call state party leaders.

Pretty sure the same could be said of some people who work at Fox News.

Nov 2010
San Diego...ish
A reporter is accusing the managing editor of NBC News and MSNBC’s political coverage of trying to "intimidate” him into spiking a story about the Democratic National Committee in a chilling phone conversation that he says had her acting as a political operative and not a fellow journalist.

Yashar Ali, a high-profile freelance journalist whose work has appeared in the Huffington Post and New York magazine, said he was so taken aback by his conversation with Dafna Linzer, who has held the key NBC position since October 2015, that he posted his synopsis of it in a series of tweets Friday. Linzer, he said, was trying to block him from publishing the dates of the 2020 Democratic Party primary debates - a move Ali suspects was made to benefit the DNC, not her employers.

“Yesterday, I received a call from @DafnaLinzer who serves as managing editor of NBC/MSNBC politics. Dafna's conduct during the call was highly inappropriate and unethical. So what was the purpose of her call? She called me to bully me on behalf of the DNC,” the first tweet read.

MSNBC, NBC News top political editor accused of 'trying to intimidate' reporter on 'behalf of the DNC'

Evidence of actual collusion .....

Anyone ?

It's storie like this that make normal thinking folks completely ignore the Leftist extremist who claim the fake news MSM is viable.

The fake news MSM is nothing more than a militant arm of the Democrat Party.
This is truly disturbing in a country that is supposed to rely on the "fourth estate" to help the citizens make informed decisions. Unfortunately, it would not be surprising if Fox did the same thing for the GOP.