MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell Apologizes For Trump Report: 'I Was Wrong'

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Called it fake news last night.

MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell has apologized for comments he made on the network Tuesday night that prompted President Trump to threaten the network with legal action. "Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president's finances that didn't go through our rigorous verification and standards process," O'Donnell said Wednesday afternoon on Twitter. "I shouldn't have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air."

O'Donnell said he would have more to say on his show, The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell, Wednesday night.

On Tuesday, O'Donnell reported that President Trump had received loans from Deutsche Bank co-signed by "Russian billionaires close to Vladimir Putin." O'Donnell cited "a source close to Deutsche Bank" but told viewers the story had not been vetted by NBC News and was "going to require a lot more verification."

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Larry had two choices, get fired, or apologize. He still needs to be fired. He is an idiot. But then again he fits in with the fake news.

Reactions: Izzshemovin

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Called it fake news last night.

MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell has apologized for comments he made on the network Tuesday night that prompted President Trump to threaten the network with legal action. "Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president's finances that didn't go through our rigorous verification and standards process," O'Donnell said Wednesday afternoon on Twitter. "I shouldn't have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air."
O'Donnell said he would have more to say on his show, The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell, Wednesday night.
On Tuesday, O'Donnell reported that President Trump had received loans from Deutsche Bank co-signed by "Russian billionaires close to Vladimir Putin." O'Donnell cited "a source close to Deutsche Bank" but told viewers the story had not been vetted by NBC News and was "going to require a lot more verification."

He is still a PIG. As are all journalists. Except Tucker and Rush ,of course.

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
My opinion of O'Donnell has gone up a few notches.
He should apologize, he jumped the gun. And Mainstream should be held to a higher standard versus Fox, which the right only wants the lies they want to hear outta Fox.