Mueller could possibly bring down Trump and Trump knows it.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Imagine when Mueller testifies to congress if he says something to the effect that ......" I deliberately came to no conclusion on the obstruction charge as :

1. The DOJ opinion not to indict sitting presidents controlled."
2. I felt indictment (impeachment) of a sitting president could only be done by congress." (thus nullifying Barr's reasoning)

"I did feel there was enough evidence to charge/indict Trump et al" but was leaving that decision up to congress."

I'm hoping that even today's GOP couldn't lie their way out of that.

May 2007
your place
You are relentless with the anti-Trump posts. It isn’t going to matter what he says. He is not a judge and he already filed his report.

Each step of the way the Trump haters are filled with anticipation. Once Mueller testifies, then it will move to the next “thing”.

May 2012
By the wall
Indictment isn't impeachment and Mueller's job was to indict if he found evidence a law was broken which he didn't.

The DOJ may not want to indict a sitting president but Mueller did not work for them, he was simply hired by them and followed his own rules which are clearly stated.

That is kind of the point of an independent council.

His job was to find evidence, file charges, then leave it up to congress and the DOJ to work out.

If he goes before congress and says he had enough evidence to indict but didn't it means he wasn't doing his job and all of his work will be suspect and called into question as it should be.

But since we have his report please show us one single thing that Trump could be indicted for.

Mueller simply making a top ten list of things he thought were obstructing will not hold up in a court of law since he gives no details of anything, presents no information on how any of these prevented him from doing his job, it's just a bogus list.

But I have no problem being corrected so please tell us liberals what you are going to charge Trump with?

This is your shot to prove all of us conservatives wrong.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Imagine when Mueller testifies to congress if he says something to the effect that ......" I deliberately came to no conclusion on the obstruction charge as :

1. The DOJ opinion not to indict sitting presidents controlled."
2. I felt indictment (impeachment) of a sitting president could only be done by congress." (thus nullifying Barr's reasoning)

"I did feel there was enough evidence to charge/indict Trump et al" but was leaving that decision up to congress."

I'm hoping that even today's GOP couldn't lie their way out of that.
This is hilarious. The investigation is finally over and it turns out the democrats have been lying their asses off about Trump being a traitor for close to 3 years now and you think it's the GOP that's trying to lie their way out of it?

I told you that I would show back up on this forum Devil after the Mueller report was over so I could see how you would react - since you were making daily threads calling the President a traitor and saying Mueller was going to prove he was conspiring with Russia. Well, the Mueller report is out and your response is even worse than I imagined it would be. Disappointing but not surprising I guess. You ought to be apologizing for calling the President a traitor for years on end.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Mueller's report is only the end of the beginning. The dozen other investigations triggered by Mueller's evidence will bring Trump down even if Congress refuses to impeach.

Jan 2019
Tempe, AZ
LOL! Mueller's job is OVER. If he could have "brought him down" when he actually had the power to, he would have. He had no EVIDENCE to do so. Now that he is powerless, how could he possibly do a damn thing? :rolleyes:

Some kind of MENTAL DISORDER that the Dimms seem to be stuck in a kind of "Groundhog Day" scenario. :oops:

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
You are relentless with the anti-Trump posts. It isn’t going to matter what he says. He is not a judge and he already filed his report.

Each step of the way the Trump haters are filled with anticipation. Once Mueller testifies, then it will move to the next “thing”.
In my opinion all patriots should be Trump haters.
He is Putin's puppet and therefore an enemy of the USA.

Any tyrant who calls the free press the "Enemy of the people" deserves to be impeached just for that anti-democratic lie.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
This is hilarious. The investigation is finally over and it turns out the democrats have been lying their asses off about Trump being a traitor for close to 3 years now and you think it's the GOP that's trying to lie their way out of it?

I told you that I would show back up on this forum Devil after the Mueller report was over so I could see how you would react - since you were making daily threads calling the President a traitor and saying Mueller was going to prove he was conspiring with Russia. Well, the Mueller report is out and your response is even worse than I imagined it would be. Disappointing but not surprising I guess. You ought to be apologizing for calling the President a traitor for years on end.
We have only seen the portions of the Mueller report that Trump is allowing us to see!

What would have happened if we allowed Nixon to redact the "Smoking Gun" portion of the Watergate tapes that brought him down?
When the full Mueller report is available come back and we'll talk.
You are a Trump cult member.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Mueller explained why he didn't press for indictment of Trump in his report.

“If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the president clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state,” according to the report. “Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

Instead, the veteran prosecutor meticulously documented instances of obstruction of justice with an eye toward memorializing evidence that Congress could use to conduct impeachment proceedings against Trump, should lawmakers decide to do so.

Mueller investigated almost a dozen instances of potential obstruction of justice, including Trump firing FBI Director James Comey, attempts to curtail the special counsel’s investigation and actions to prevent public disclosure of evidence.

“The president’s efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the president declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests,” according to the report.

Mueller also investigated whether Trump conspired with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election. The report said the investigation didn’t establish enough evidence for a conspiracy charge.

Having decided he couldn’t charge Trump with a crime, Mueller opted not to say that Trump obstructed justice because the president would have no way to defend himself.

“We determined not to apply an approach that could potentially result in a judgment that the president committed crimes," according to the second page of the section dealing with obstruction. "Fairness concerns counseled against potentially reaching that judgment when no charges can be brought."
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Mueller explained why he didn't press for indictment of Trump in his report.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Trump cult is trying to pretend that we have seen the Mueller report.
We have only seen the whitewashed portions that Trump has cleansed.
We need to see the whole report.....and evidence it's based on and hear from Mueller in open session.

Until then we know only what Trump will allow us to see.