Mueller investigation close to being Finished.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Since Trump is not being investigated for murder, if they find out he killed somebody in the investigation they should just ignore it...okie dokie...we need more insane defenses of the Trump administration...and they should have let that Trump University thing go too...How about Republicans not elect a fucking scumbag crook and con man to the Presidency? Ever thought about that?

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
The Mueller investigation is supposed to be about an attack on our political processes by a foreign power. How would such an investigation be different than the attack of 911?
You know exactly why. There was no evidence or suggestion at the time that either political party had associated with the terrorists doing the attack.

It's ridiculous to think that a politician led investigation that involved a political party represented by half of the panel would somehow, magically, be less partisan than the Mueller investigation.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
So they were looking for crimes. How is "something funny going on" any different than singling out people of the wrong color driving through your neighborhood because the cop thinks "something funny" is going on. It is empowering government to interfere in people's lives.
Oh, geez.... Your efforts to enable and blindly defend the president have taken you over the edge.

Yeah, the Mueller investigation of the Trump campaign is the same as racial profiling.

WTF?

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Oh, geez.... Your efforts to enable and blindly defend the president have taken you over the edge.

Yeah, the Mueller investigation of the Trump campaign is the same as racial profiling.

WTF?
You just keep on trying to take things back to Mueller. Yet you may have fallen on the truth. Part of the problem with Trump is he had been entering the Obama neighborhood and guess what he's being accused of, in addition to other things. "Whitey is trying to undercut the black man." Racism is clearly part of the anti-Trump movement.

On another part of our conversation, ran into this piece on NPR. Thought you might be interested in this quote. Indictments are the only obligation Mueller has.

'NYT' Reporter Covering Trump: We've Almost 'Lost The Ability To Be Shocked'

There is nothing in the rules and laws that allows Bob Mueller to write a report as long as he wants and [to] give it to Congress. All he can do is report to the attorney general about who he prosecuted, who he didn't prosecute and what he found. The attorney general is only required to tell Congress about those instances in which Mueller wanted to take investigative measures or moves, like indict someone and was stopped from doing it. That is the only thing that has to be told to Congress. The problem is ... that the public really wants an accounting of what went on. They want a 9/11-style commission answer to what happened — but that doesn't exist. So what will happen? How much will Congress get? It's not really clear. It's not like he has this ability just to hand over everything that he found to the Hill and for the Hill to do whatever they want with it. That structure is not there.
So my desire for a 911 style inquiry is not so bizarre. What we have is what was authorized, a prosecutor looking for indictments.

What does the public want? Answers on the entire matter of Russian meddling. I'll bet I am more interested than you are. You might not like what you find. I want the truth.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
So my desire for a 911 style inquiry is not so bizarre. What we have is what was authorized, a prosecutor looking for indictments.
I never said it was bizarre. I said it was faulty reasoning. You have to dishonestly say that though to spin my take to fit your narrative.

What does the public want? Answers on the entire matter of Russian meddling. I'll bet I am more interested than you are. You might not like what you find. I want the truth.
I'd take that bet. What you're interested in is continuing to pretend you know exactly what Mueller has and spinning it to match your concocted story. I'm interested in allowing the investigation to be fully completed. Wherever it leads, it leads. If it leads to an indictment of Trump, which I highly doubt it will, fine. If it leads to more campaign related Indictments, fine. If it leads to FBI firings or the locking up of Obama and Hillary, fine. If it leads to no more Indictments at all, fine.

I'm fairly confident the truth will come out, which is all that matters, as long as partisan obstructionists and crime apologists stay out of it and the investigation is completed fully.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
I never said it was bizarre. I said it was faulty reasoning. You have to dishonestly say that though to spin my take to fit your narrative.

I'd take that bet. What you're interested in is continuing to pretend you know exactly what Mueller has and spinning it to match your concocted story. I'm interested in allowing the investigation to be fully completed. Wherever it leads, it leads. If it leads to an indictment of Trump, which I highly doubt it will, fine. If it leads to more campaign related Indictments, fine. If it leads to FBI firings or the locking up of Obama and Hillary, fine. If it leads to no more Indictments at all, fine.

I'm fairly confident the truth will come out, which is all that matters, as long as partisan obstructionists and crime apologists stay out of it and the investigation is completed fully.
Nice spin. Mueller is doing exactly what he was hired to do, prosecute. The NPR piece totally supports EXACTLY what I have been saying. He has no obligation to investigate the causes and origins of the 2016 Russian Investigation. That's what the 911 commission did with 911 and what the people would like to see answered. The authorization of Mueller is the issue. If a cop breaks into your home without a warrant, charges can be dropped. The authorization has to be challenged and only a 911 style commission could get at it.

Now since I have been repeating this and since you keep ignoring my points and pretending I hate Mueller, I would say we are at an impasse. Please note that nothing in my original thread on this topic has anything to do with Mueller. So far, my work of imaginative speculation has been validated more than it has been invalidated.

Posts 177 and 178 takes you to the heart of the matter. Again, unrelated to Mueller.

Who's Zooming Who?

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Nice spin. Mueller is doing exactly what he was hired to do, prosecute. The NPR piece totally supports EXACTLY what I have been saying. He has no obligation to investigate the causes and origins of the 2016 Russian Investigation. That's what the 911 commission did with 911 and what the people would like to see answered. The authorization of Mueller is the issue. If a cop breaks into your home without a warrant, charges can be dropped. The authorization has to be challenged and only a 911 style commission could get at it.

Now since I have been repeating this and since you keep ignoring my points and pretending I hate Mueller, I would say we are at an impasse. Please note that nothing in my original thread on this topic has anything to do with Mueller. So far, my work of imaginative speculation has been validated more than it has been invalidated.

Posts 177 and 178 takes you to the heart of the matter. Again, unrelated to Mueller.

Who's Zooming Who?
Again, it's just more spin and dishonesty from you.

#1 No matter what you or I think, neither of us know or could possibly accurately say "what the people" want. Humans are a lot more complex than wedging them all into one position. We both know this, the difference is you feel you need to speak for everyone as a whole to back up your position.

#2 I've never said or pretended you hate Mueller. How would I even know that? That's more manufactured lies from you to try and misrepresent me and to dishonestly reframe my position.

#3. You self proclaiming your creative writing to be accurate doesn't count for much.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
On the topic of the original Russian investigation.

The man being quoted (our friend Peter who said "well stop it" about the Trump run for the POTUS) didn't see strong evidence for the collusion connection that led to the Mueller authorization. So if the lead investigator didn't see a strong case for collusion, why exactly was Mueller authorized? That's my question, one that is unlikely to get answered because Mueller's job is to indict people. He is a prosecutor. Does that job serve a public that has been told what a big deal the Russian meddling was and how important it was? Or was it just a dragnet search for crimes and any crimes will do?

The Russia Investigations: What The Justice IG Report Revealed

Strzok later said as much afterward when he was interviewed by investigators.

"As I looked at the predicating information, as I looked at the facts as we understood them from ... the allegations that Russia had these emails, and offered to members of the Trump campaign to release them. As we looked at the various actors, the question [was,] ... was that part of a broad, coordinated effort, or was that simply a bunch of opportunists seeking to advance their own or individual agendas ... which of that is it? ... My question [was] about whether or not this represented a large, coordinated conspiracy or not."

As recently as May 2017, when Mueller was appointed, a senior FBI investigator with privileged access to the Russia investigation — one with an apparently personal ax to grind against Trump — wasn't sure whether there was any collusion between the campaign and the attacks.