Mueller investigation close to being Finished.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Looking for crimes is a worthy occupation. It's even more worthy when the (alleged) perpetrators are powerful people. Since when should we investigate only the crimes of the lowly and mean? Sounds awfully...unchristian...of you.
I think the Russian kerfuffle was used as an excuse to go after Trump. Isn't it a crime to use the powers of the FBI to try and stop a private citizen seeking office? Aren't the unmasking activities of the Obama administration and the laws that allowed those actions worthy of examination for their long term effects? Which do you think has greater long term implications? Do you think the special prosecutor will look at ANY of these systemic and long term issues? Do you want every new President to face drummed up charges and endless investigations? Did Bill Clinton deserve them?

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
In Watergate we had the break in.

In the Plame matter, we had the unmasking.

With Bert Lance's overdrafts, we had the overdrafts.

How do we make this investigation about a candidate for office? What is the justification for limiting the focus on this manner?

Apr 2010
Oregon
I think the Russian kerfuffle was used as an excuse to go after Trump. Isn't it a crime to use the powers of the FBI to try and stop a private citizen seeking office?
Nonsense. The FBI investigates Trump because several members of his campaign were talking to Russian spies. If they were trying to stop Trump, they would have said he was under investigation before the election....

Aren't the unmasking activities of the Obama administration and the laws that allowed those actions worthy of examination for their long term effects?
To what end? What is it you think is improper? What should change and why?

Which do you think has greater long term implications? Do you think the special prosecutor will look at ANY of these systemic and long term issues?
Uh no. Why would he? That is not what he is tasked with doing.

Fun fact, Trump is the dead of the DOJ. They can literally investigate anything they want.

Do you want every new President to face drummed up charges and endless investigations? Did Bill Clinton deserve them?
What drummed up charges for Trump? And no one made Clinton perjure himself. That was all him.

You’ve made up this alternative scenario where somehow just the mear act of investigating Trump and his associates is somehow worse than conspiring with a hostile foreign government to impact an election.

And it’s more than just guesswork at this point. It’s fact. We know that Don Jr in the very least attempted to collude with what he thought was a Russian government lawyer working on behalf Russian support for his father. We know that Manafort was giving internal polling data to Russian spies. We know that Roger Stone was working with Wikileaks. That “excuse” turned out to be right on the money, eh?

Nov 2015
UK
The Russians have been doing much more than just this. They have been working assiduously to whip up racial hatred in America. They have been doing so by submitting posts on social media deeply offensive to blacks, and other posts deeply offensive to whites. They have also been working very hard to undermine the faith of Americans in the fairness of our judicial systems and in our democratic institutions. I honestly don't know why so many people do not comprehend that Vladimir Putin has discovered the fatal weakness of our Western societies: the very fact that we ARE open societies, and that almost anyone can post almost any thought, no matter how offensive or how carefully designed to stir up ancient grievances. America's long and tragic history of racial relations is our gravest historical weakness in any regard, and Putin and the Russians are POKING at it, like someone pecking at a scab not completely healed.

Putin is doing his DAMNEDEST to FUCK with us, and there are posters here who had better wake up and smell the road apples on that.
I would say on the whole that Americans are aware of the Russian propaganda it spreads to achieve infighting but they still carry on at each others throats.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Nonsense. The FBI investigates Trump because several members of his campaign were talking to Russian spies. If they were trying to stop Trump, they would have said he was under investigation before the election....

To what end? What is it you think is improper? What should change and why?

Uh no. Why would he? That is not what he is tasked with doing.

Fun fact, Trump is the dead of the DOJ. They can literally investigate anything they want.

What drummed up charges for Trump? And no one made Clinton perjure himself. That was all him.

You’ve made up this alternative scenario where somehow just the mear act of investigating Trump and his associates is somehow worse than conspiring with a hostile foreign government to impact an election.

And it’s more than just guesswork at this point. It’s fact. We know that Don Jr in the very least attempted to collude with what he thought was a Russian government lawyer working on behalf Russian support for his father. We know that Manafort was giving internal polling data to Russian spies. We know that Roger Stone was working with Wikileaks. That “excuse” turned out to be right on the money, eh?
Every one of your statements ignores the larger picture. Here I stand a Republicans who accepts the premise that the Russians tried to meddle in our election. Of course I think they have been trying to do this for 100 years and the only difference between this one and most of the others is the prevalence of social media and the dominance of the internet. The Rosenstein authorization letter only mentions Trump and lets the prosecutor go anywhere he likes. So what happens to the premise? My logical brain says that if we wanted to stop this from happening again, we would need to understand the history, isolate the mechanisms and ask ourselves the basic questions first, like "Why didn't out protectors stop it?" Next I would be investigating those who facilitated the means the Russians used to meddle. Why isn't anyone from facebook being indicted? How about an internal audit of the intelligence agencies? Now at some point in this process, you start looking at contacts between Russians and FIRST, folks who had the power to open doors and facilitate their actions.

Before I go any further, do YOU think the Obama administration or the bureaucracy itself wanted those things explored?

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I think the Russian kerfuffle was used as an excuse to go after Trump. Isn't it a crime to use the powers of the FBI to try and stop a private citizen seeking office? Aren't the unmasking activities of the Obama administration and the laws that allowed those actions worthy of examination for their long term effects? Which do you think has greater long term implications? Do you think the special prosecutor will look at ANY of these systemic and long term issues? Do you want every new President to face drummed up charges and endless investigations? Did Bill Clinton deserve them?
LOL

#RussianKerfuffle

I love how the #VichyGOP tries to deny their blind defense of or support for Trump while openly spinning and downplaying almost anything that reflects negatively on his campaign or administration.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Any time you want to enter the conversation and answer some of my many questions, please do so.

It is bad precedent to burden new Presidents with open ended searches for crimes. It is becoming SOP to do so. Do you think this is good for the country?
Rass educated you on search and seizure.
He's right and you are wrong.

Criminal/treasonous presidents need to be prosecuted and imprisoned.
If Nixon has gone to prison, maybe none of this would have happened.

GOP presidents are not above the law....they just think they are!

Last edited:

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
It is bad precedent to burden new Presidents with open ended searches for crimes. It is becoming SOP to do so. Do you think this is good for the country?
It is bad to burden this country with a Russian puppet who acts to benefit Putin and hurt the west.
Your denial that Trump is a criminal/traitor gets more absurd every day.

You party is aiding and abetting our national enemies for the sole purpose of gaining individual wealth.