Mueller is duty-bound to investigate any crimes uncovered due to Russia investigation.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Any crime a LEO discovers while lawfully carrying out an investigation can and should be prosecutable in court.
Criminal presidents are not above the law.
Mueller should and very well MAY indict Trump. (no law or SCOTUS ruling immunizes a sitting president fro being brought to justice)

For all we know, Trump may already have been indicted under seal.
Hope so.

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
Yes but technically, new evidence of additional crimes still requires approval from the AG to launch. During the Bill Clinton investigations, both Fiske and Starr asked for and received an OK from Reno. In 1994, Fiske concluded the FBI-gate, Travel-gate, an investment involving cattle and Whitewater were complete, the GOP convinced Reno to appoint Starr.

May 2013
Boise, ID
Any crime a LEO discovers while lawfully carrying out an investigation can and should be prosecutable in court.
Criminal presidents are not above the law.
Mueller should and very well MAY indict Trump. (no law or SCOTUS ruling immunizes a sitting president fro being brought to justice)

For all we know, Trump may already have been indicted under seal.
Hope so.
I would bet a dollar to make a nickel on sealed indictments ;)

Team Mueller is Holding ‘Dozens of Sealed Indictments,’ According to Intel Source

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Yes but technically, new evidence of additional crimes still requires approval from the AG to launch. During the Bill Clinton investigations, both Fiske and Starr asked for and received an OK from Reno. In 1994, Fiske concluded the FBI-gate, Travel-gate, an investment involving cattle and Whitewater were complete, the GOP convinced Reno to appoint Starr.
Not sure I follow?..
Take my above stolen bike scenario: The dead body in the trunk could be ignored for political considerations and that would be ok? (not in my world it couldn't)

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
Not sure I follow?..
Take my above stolen bike scenario: The dead body in the trunk could be ignored for political considerations and that would be ok? (not in my world it couldn't)
For the special counsel to investigate the dead body, the SC would need the approval of the AG. The Homicide Division would do the investigation if approval isn't given to the SC.

May 2013
Boise, ID
Key word on that .. Mueller would need to consult Donald's fake new AG only if he was investigating MAJOR new crimes. All a matter of interpretation right? That or he could hand the evidence off to others that the AG has no control over. My biggest concern about Whitaker or his Trump sympathizing replacement (who submitted a 30 page unsolicited opinion to the DOJ as a job application for AG) is that they try to pocket Mueller's final report.

But there are ways around that too. Mueller has been sharing his findings with state AG's. Those guys can come right on in and finish the job. Additionally, I believe that the House Intel Committee has the power to subpoena the report.

But another way to make sure the report goes public is to indict Trump.
Former FBI Agent: A Trump Indictment Guarantees Mueller's Report Would Go Public - ROAR

Pretty safe bet that Mueller also is sitting on sealed indictments to protect against statute of limitations is to ensure that the second Donald leaves office - Out they come!
Team Mueller is Holding ‘Dozens of Sealed Indictments,’ According to Intel Source

In the end, the truth ALWAYS comes out - Leaked or otherwise :)