Mueller wants to interview Russian pop star

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Special counsel Robert Mueller has requested an interview with Russian pop star Emin Agalarov, who helped set up the now infamous 2016 Trump Tower meeting, according to Agalarov's lawyer.

“Conversations are ongoing" about a potential interview, the lawyer, Scott Balber, wrote in an email. “Unclear how this will play out.”

Balber did not elaborate on whether Mueller is also interested in speaking to Agalarov’s father, Aras Agalarov, a billionaire with ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The Agalarovs were partners in the Trump Organization’s hosting of the 2013 Miss America pageant in Moscow. They also played a key role in arranging the June 2016 meeting of Donald Trump Jr.; Jared Kushner, Donald Trump's son-in-law and now senior adviser; Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign manager at the time; a Kremlin-linked lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya; and others, according to congressional testimony. In 2013, Donald Trump was featured in one of Emin Agalarov’s music videos.

In late June, Agalarov released a video appearing to mock the Mueller investigation and using impersonators to portray Trump and Clinton.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/mueller-wants-interview-russian-pop-star-emin-agalarov-lawyer-says-n896951

Reactions: 1 person

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Yeah, I can't see either of them coming over to the US...

Maybe in Moscow. Or, back home in Azerbaijan, where Emin used to be married and has couple kids with their dictator's daughter, and remains on friendly terms with them all :D

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Yeah, I can't see either of them coming over to the US...

Maybe in Moscow. Or, back home in Azerbaijan, where Emin used to be married and has couple kids with their dictator's daughter, and remains on friendly terms with them all :D
I was going to ask if you thought they would come. I dont see it either.

Mar 2010
Indiana
Mueller is neither a joke nor grasping for straws. He is following FBI procedure. This guy could end up have issues traveling around the world if he doesn't cooperate, which he won't and will have issues. It' a Catch 22 for him.

Reactions: 2 people

Lunchboxxy

Apr 2010
Oregon
Mueller is grasping straws now. Put up or shut up
Mueller hasn’t said a word since the investigation began.

Compared to past special counsel investigations, this one hasn’t gone on long at all. The last Benghazi investigation went on for 2.5 years. Why is it you guys think this one should end, I wonder?

And since you guys seem to have conveniently forgotten, Agalarov was the one peddling Don Jr what was described as official documents with dirt on HRC as part of the Russian government’s support of Trump.

This isn’t “grasping at straws”. It’s literally the heart of the collusion. Trump Jr.’s own emails where he at the very least attempts to collude, say that the pop star and his father were helping the Russian government in their support of Trump.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people