Musings of a PROUD Democrat

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
First and FOREMOST:
RIP Elijah Cummings.
You were taken too soon and you will be missed. On "both sides."

Which brings me to a GLARING observation.
Where the flip is the "President" of the UNITED STATES?
My GOD.
This doofus can not find the BOTTOM of disrespect.

Which in all sincerity PISSES ME OFF!!!

Reactions: BitterPill and Eve1
May 2019
Anyway, for those not in the know, Elijah Cummings was hailed by statesmen and women today in Baltimore.

It was a moving event -- for those who embrace this country in spite of its historical and unavoidable peccadillos, and love its potential, Elijah Cummings was the BEST of us.

PRESIDENT Obama stressed a quote he heard from EC often: "You can't have a 'free society' if you hate everybody you disagree with."

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Not to worry. The speeches of Clinton and Obama were the highlight. Between stories of Cummings, humor and self depreciation it was a wonderful finale to a well respected, admired and loved man.

His wife Maya is beautiful, brilliant and very charismatic. She gave a great speech.

Then I turned from CSPAN to a screeching,orange haired old man shouting about punishing Clapper, Comey and others.

They are showing the split screen right now!

Reactions: DairyHeiress
May 2019
Chairman Cummings was a man of deep faith which he invoked often in his application of his principles.

The Dems are the "the enemy of the people?"
Elijah Cummings was a champion for the least among us.

He came from almost nothing and literally is the poster child of the American Dream.

Reactions: labrea and MaryAnne
May 2013
N Oregon Coast
First and FOREMOST:
RIP Elijah Cummings.

My GOD.

Honestly, I kinda doubt Elijah and his family would have wanted him there after all the racist tweets.
Hell, he may have even been DISinvited.

May 2019
Not to worry. The speeches of Clinton and Obama were the highlight. Between stories of Cummings, humor and self depreciation it was a wonderful finale to a well respected, admired and loved man.

His wife Maya is beautiful, brilliant and very charismatic. She gave a great speech.

Then I turned from CSPAN to a screeching,orange haired old man shouting about punishing Clapper, Comey and others.

They are showing the split screen right now!
Tru Dat.

Actually, Bill's speech reminded me how how gifted he was in communicating. He really can still "get" to me. And all that with complete sentences that make perfect sense & passion you know is not manufactured.

He spoke about the Bible in a way the current occupant couldn't deliver with an earpiece..... And that isn't an exaggeration.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Tru Dat.

Actually, Bill's speech reminded me how how gifted he was in communicating. He really can still "get" to me. And all that with complete sentences that make perfect sense & passion you know is not manufactured.

He spoke about the Bible in a way the current occupant couldn't deliver with an earpiece..... And that isn't an exaggeration.
He also joked about having to follow Cummings in a speech:) said this time I get to go first.

Maya Cummings is one impressive lady! Want to bet she follows him?

Last edited:
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
First and FOREMOST:
RIP Elijah Cummings.

My GOD.

He didn't attend McCain's funeral, either.

I think Trump just can't bear not to be the center of attention for an hour.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Honestly, I kinda doubt Elijah and his family would have wanted him there after all the racist tweets.
Hell, he may have even been DISinvited.
One of the pall bearers refused to shake hands with Mitch!

Trump is heading for the black College Democrats are at.