Muslim peace conference condemns terrorism

Sep 2011
Western NY and Geneva, CH
About 12,000 Muslims gathered at Wembley Arena for Islamic group Minhaj-ul-Quran's Peace for Humanity Conference.

The conference launched a campaign to get one million people to sign an online declaration of peace by 2012.

Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri said the conference would send a message that 10 years of extremist activity should end.
BBC News - Muslim peace conference condemns terrorism

I'm just waiting for the bigots:

"Why were there only 12,000 attendees?!"

"Why aren't there more of these happening around the world?!"

"Why did it take so long for something like this to happen?!"

"They're allowed to lie to the infadel, so this means nothing!"

"Too little too late!"

Sep 2007
the state of confusion
Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
I must tell you that a Muslim peace conference condemning terrorism is about as effective as a Nancy Reagan's just say no campaign.

Sep 2005
BBC News - Muslim peace conference condemns terrorism

I'm just waiting for the bigots:

"Why were there only 12,000 attendees?!"

"Why aren't there more of these happening around the world?!"

"Why did it take so long for something like this to happen?!"

"They're allowed to lie to the infadel, so this means nothing!"

"Too little too late!"
Yes, because now that they've condemned it, the terrorism will come to an end worldwide.

Sep 2011
Oh, I love it. So when a bunch of Muslims don't come together to condemn Muslim extremists it's because they're giving terrorism the silent nod, but when they do protest it it's irrelevant because the extremists won't quit in response. I didn't see that wonderful one-liner coming.

Reactions: TennesseeRain
Sep 2005
Oh, I love it. So when a bunch of Muslims don't come together to condemn Muslim extremists it's because they're giving terrorism the silent nod, but when they do protest it it's irrelevant because the extremists won't quit in response. I didn't see that wonderful one-liner coming.
Because that's exactly wht it is. Just like everybody says that a few Muslim fanatics do not represent the entire community, neither does such condemnations which are more of a political stunt rather than the general mood...

Sep 2011
Isn't it funny how the minority argument didn't seem to hold water when it was first used with respect to extremists, but now it's okay when it's used with respect to peaceful protesters?

Sep 2005
Isn't it funny how the minority argument didn't seem to hold water when it was first used with respect to extremists, but now it's okay when it's used with respect to peaceful protesters?
Nope, noone believed them earlier. Noone believes them now.

Why should anybody trust this new bunch of protestors, and ignore the ones that called for more bombings for their jihad ?

I'm not calling for hate. I don't hate any religion. But frankly, I've seen enough not to start trusting them again.....especially when their governments always seem to either back the terror operatives, or fail to do anything abt it.