Muslims foil terror plot: RCMP

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Muslims want a safe Canada, too.
That's what Muhammad Robert Heft, a Muslim community leader in Scarborough, wants his fellow Torontonians to know as the RCMP arrested a Muslim man in the GTA for allegedly plotting a rail attack that would have taken innocent lives. Not only do Muslims in the city condemn the attack, they turned over information in a bid to help foil it.
Muslims foil terror plot: RCMP | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

Apparently though, some would have us hate, harass and go to war with all Muslims.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
See, even most Muslims here want to integrate and help the authorities against terrorism. All the peoples here get along, this is why I love this place. :)

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
that's the subject for another thread. this thread is about how local muslims helped to stop muslim terror. try and keep up.
You're going to tell me how to post? What's the matter, you finally learning things are far from what they seem?

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
See, even most Muslims here want to integrate and help the authorities against terrorism. All the peoples here get along, this is why I love this place. :)
That's kind of a version of what I've been saying too. My vocabulary is, getting people "on the same page" when it comes to the political issues (including things like terrorism).

The key concept in this domain, in my opinion, is "boundaries". And, in this context, that word has to be taken in t the psychological sense as well as the legal sense.

The psychology of "boundaries" is pretty interesting. You can read about it at the pop psychology level (boundary violations, borderline personalities, things like that), but at the professional level it gets pretty intricate. A lot of what the psychiatrists do (during deconstruction/reconstruction) is re-shape the person's perception of and reaction to "boundaries".

I'm thinking that's one of the primary divides between left and right in this country - is their perceptions of where the boundaries are. Once upon a time, right and left had a pretty broad "set" of agreement on those boundaries, but no longer it seems. Getting that level of eye-to-eye back is not a trivial thing, I spent many years in the process piece of the corporate world and even with a few thousand people in a corporation it's difficult, but with 300 million people in a political system it's very difficult. :)