My 2018 CFB Top 10 - Week 3

Jan 2016
Colorado
I dunno... I'm just not that impressed by any Pac-12 team thus far. USC has a great history, but what have they really done lately? I think they'll need an undefeated conference champion to get into the playoffs this year.
I thought Washington gave Auburn all they wanted in that opening game. They're my highest-ranked one-loss team, by far. The only one-loss team in my top twenty at this point, actually, with Michigan and Texas A&M just outside my top 20.

Jan 2016
Colorado
It's certainly not Michigan State's year. Penn State didn't get off to a great start either, in my opinion.
I thought Penn State was downright LUCKY to get away with a win against Appalachian State. That's why I don't have them in my top ten, they're only 15th in my poll. They'll have to work their way back into my top ten.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Oh man - 62-7 doesn't get Bronco Nation an honorable mention?

Boise State football continues climb in polls; Oklahoma State sets up ranked showdown

Ok - Let's say we beat OK State by two touchdowns in their house primetime ESPN next Saturday.

THEN? :D

I have Boise State ranked 16th in my rankings. Sagarin's computer has them ranked 17th, same as the human pollsters.

If they beat Oklahoma State on the road next Saturday, I think there's a GOOD chance I will have them in my top 12 next week.

Jun 2014
United States
Georgia looks loaded, too.

If they meet Bama in the SEC title game, that could be epic.

Lots of football to go before that happens, though...

Georgia hasn't yet faced a quality opponent. They won't until October 13th, and even that date assumes that LSU is really as good as they looked against Miami. Anyone can look good against the likes of Austin Peay, and the South Carolina game was over-hyped. South Carolina is a mid tier team in the East Division of the SEC, and the East Division is by far the weaker half of the conference. Bama's upcoming game against Ole Miss will also be over-hyped, especially after they hung 76 points on Southern Illinois last Saturday. Mississippi State, LSU and Auburn are the games that I see as a genuine challenge to Bama. Texas A&M also looked more impressive than I expected in their game against Clemson.

May 2013
Boise, ID
I have Boise State ranked 16th in my rankings. Sagarin's computer has them ranked 17th, same as the human pollsters.

If they beat Oklahoma State on the road next Saturday, I think there's a GOOD chance I will have them in my top 12 next week.
The early lines average us as 3.5 point underdogs. I think that's about right. They did dominate their first two games at home, although I'm not that familiar with either the Missouri State Bears or the South Alabama Jaguars.

Watched our first two games again on the DVR. Though Troy and UConn are not OK State, I am VERY high on our game right now both sides of the ball. I'd put 'em right in there with any of the Kellen Moore years teams. Rypian keeps this up, he may be in the running for a Heisman!

Best part - The FUN is back! What's been going on the last 3 years with our conservative play calling is beyond comprehension.

Boise State football is fun to watch again, a far cry from a year ago

Jun 2014
United States
I thought Washington gave Auburn all they wanted in that opening game. They're my highest-ranked one-loss team, by far. The only one-loss team in my top twenty at this point, actually, with Michigan and Texas A&M just outside my top 20.

Yes, they were pretty evenly matched, but just how good is Auburn? We don't know yet.

Jun 2014
United States
I thought Penn State was downright LUCKY to get away with a win against Appalachian State. That's why I don't have them in my top ten, they're only 15th in my poll. They'll have to work their way back into my top ten.

Appy State is no longer the FCS team that they were when they upset Michigan 11 years ago. They won 30 games between 2015 and 2017 in the FBS. Not too shabby.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
That list of opponents for the top 10 last weekend was pathetic, sad that there never seems to be more than one decent game per week to televise in these early weeks. I understand there is a reason for an Oklahoma or an Alabama to schedule the Sisters of the Blind as a non-conference opponent...but damn....

Jul 2014
midwest
Georgia hasn't yet faced a quality opponent. They won't until October 13th, and even that date assumes that LSU is really as good as they looked against Miami. Anyone can look good against the likes of Austin Peay, and the South Carolina game was over-hyped. South Carolina is a mid tier team in the East Division of the SEC, and the East Division is by far the weaker half of the conference. Bama's upcoming game against Ole Miss will also be over-hyped, especially after they hung 76 points on Southern Illinois last Saturday. Mississippi State, LSU and Auburn are the games that I see as a genuine challenge to Bama. Texas A&M also looked more impressive than I expected in their game against Clemson.
There's plenty of top teams that have been playing cupcakes.

And S Carolina is better than some of them.

Probably LOTS of them.

No reason to hurry, it will all shake out in the next couple of months...