My 2018 CFB Top 10 - Week 3

Jun 2014
United States
There's plenty of top teams that have been playing cupcakes.

And S Carolina is better than some of them.

Probably LOTS of them.

No reason to hurry, it will all shake out in the next couple of months...

I don't consider a mid tier SEC East team to be a cupcake. Louisville is also a mid tier team from the ACC, but neither Georgia nor Alabama has yet faced a top tier opponent.

I agree that the teams will sort themselves out over the next few months, but you have to start somewhere. These early polls are based upon more guesswork than data. The polls will reflect more reality with each passing week.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Appy State is no longer the FCS team that they were when they upset Michigan 11 years ago. They won 30 games between 2015 and 2017 in the FBS. Not too shabby.
I know, but is Appy State really that much better than ACC team Pittsburgh, which was absolutely taken to the woodshed by Penn State on Saturday, to the tune of 51-6?

Jun 2014
United States
I know, but is Appy State really that much better than ACC team Pittsburgh, which was absolutely taken to the woodshed by Penn State on Saturday, to the tune of 51-6?

I don't know, but neither do I know how much better Penn State was last Saturday than they were the Saturday before. Pittsburgh has won one game against Albany. What does that tell us? Meanwhile Appalachian State soundly defeated Charlotte last Saturday. It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Appy State is capable of defeating Pitt.

Jan 2016
Colorado
I don't know, but neither do I know how much better Penn State was last Saturday than they were the Saturday before. Pittsburgh has won one game against Albany. What does that tell us? Meanwhile Appalachian State soundly defeated Charlotte last Saturday. It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Appy State is capable of defeating Pitt.
Heh, before they played, there were some folks who actually thought Pitt might have a chance of upsetting Penn State. That was one of the games that I said I thought might be 'interesting'. Not so much, unless you find routs 'interesting'.

Jun 2014
United States
Heh, before they played, there were some folks who actually thought Pitt might have a chance of upsetting Penn State. That was one of the games that I said I thought might be 'interesting'. Not so much, unless you find routs 'interesting'.

Yeah. Kinda like the Georgia vs. SC game.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Yeah. Kinda like the Georgia vs. SC game.
Even if South Carolina is only a mid-tier SEC team, as you say, I think you still had to be impressed with how Georgia handled business in that game.

Were you as surprised as I was by Arkansas losing on the road to CSU? Is Arkansas that BAD??

Jun 2014
United States
Even if South Carolina is only a mid-tier SEC team, as you say, I think you still had to be impressed with how Georgia handled business in that game.

Were you as surprised as I was by Arkansas losing on the road to CSU? Is Arkansas that BAD??

Arkansas only won 1 conference game last year and 3 non-conference games. That's why they fired their Head Coach. So yeah, they're pretty bad.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Sounds like SEVERAL college football games are going to get canceled or postponed this weekend, due to Hurricane Florence. Affected games include Virginia Tech's home game against East Carolina, Central Florida's game at North Carolina, and what promised to be a very interesting game with West Virginia traveling to N. Carolina State. Ohio at Virginia has been relocated to Nashville, Tennessee (where admission will be free). The start time for Thursday's game with Boston College at Wake Forest has been moved up.

Fuck you, Florence!

Jan 2016
Colorado
I thought the Iowa/Iowa State game was going to be an exciting match up....
That was a dullish game. Only one touchdown. But it was a typical Iowa Hawkeyes kind of football game. Suffocating defense, control the clock, churn out some first downs.

Will be interested to see how Oklahoma does in Ames this Saturday, see if they get revenge for what happened last year. But unclear if Kyle Kempt will be able to play, Iowa dinged him a bit, I guess.

The Colorado at Nebraska game was MUCH more exciting!!